1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raffle + M1 Garand + Raffle

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by locdoc, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Once again the Peterborough Sportsman's Club Of Peterborough, NH is conducting a raffle of one (1) M-1 Garand. Our previous raffle of a similar gun in 2010 was a huge success and several TS.comers were gracious enough to buy tickets.

The drawing will be held at our annual Clean up Day on April 27 2013 (next Saturday). I apologize for the short notice.

Pics and a history on the gun can be viewed on the website link above.

PM me for my email address and mailing instructions.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Doug Whiton, treas. PSC

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Ticket price and rules? Daily lotto number or how do you draw? Thanks, Bulge.

3. William681

William681 Member

0   0   0

Time is short

How do we get our name on a ticket???

Bill

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Bulge & Bill,

I have PM'ed you both.

I prefer to not put my address and phone numbers out in cyberland. That is the reason I would like to use the PM function here on TS.

The tics are $10.00 each. A regular raffle ticket where your name, address and phone are written on the stub and I send the stub(s) to you.

The $$ raised by this raffle will be used for the kitchen renovation project. Your participation is very much appreciated.

Doug

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

The club has a third Garand so we'll probably do this again in a year or two.

Thanks for your support

Doug Whiton, treas. PSC

6. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Bummer. The M1's not "legal" in New York!

7. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

M1 Garands are only 8 shot senorric I thought only 10 shot and over were illegal? Please help set me straight if I am wrong

John G.

8. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

If it's got a bayonet lug, it's illegal. Also, if found to have 8 rounds loaded, you are in violation and now join the world of criminals. King Cuomo rules with a heavy hand ----

9. triplea

triplea TS Member

0   0   0

M1 is legal in NY. It does not have a detachable magazine. You may only load seven rounds!

10. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Just as an F.Y.I.: The NY SAFE Act, makes it illegal to have more than seven rounds in a detachable clip or magazine. Does the M1 take a detachable 8 round clip? Furthermore, the SAFE Act defines an assault weapon as any semi-automatic rifle having one of these three characteristics: a bayonet lug on the barrel, a thumb-hole stock, or a pistol grip that protrudes beneath the rifle. These two provisions of New York's SAFE Act are only a very small fraction of the new restrictions, (magazines, ammo, firearm registrations, etc.) facing NY's firearm's owners.

11. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

0   0   0

I would like to purchase a couple tickets. I'm in Florida. Is their someone at the club who could take a debit card.

Buddy

12. 870

870 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

senorric:

Just to set things straight since things are bad enough already, the M-1 Garand is perfectly legal in NY. It is not considered an "assault weapon" since it does not have a detachable magazine. In addition, the clips are not illegal since they do not hold more than 10 rounds.

Your definition of "assault weapon" above is incorrect; well maybe incomplete is better.

13. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

To All,

The following is the blurb issued by our club secretary this morning.

"M1 Garand Raffle Winner

The winner of the M1 Garand is Dave Kohn of Washington NH. The Club sold enough tickets to raise nearly $2600 dollars that will be directed to renovation of the kitchen area and range improvements like the new steel plate rack and dueling tree at the pistol range. Thank you for your support and interest in the raffle, and good luck in our future raffles."

I want to thank all those TS members that participated. Your support is very much appreciated.

Doug Whiton, treas. PSC