1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Raffaele

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grindem, Aug 11, 2013.

1. grindem

grindem Member

Been away from shooting for a few years. Cataracts.. Planning to get back into it.

Haven't heard any mention of Raffaele, the Perazzi dealer. Is he still about?

grindem

2. TANGO ECHO

TANGO ECHO TS Member

Lets hope not!!

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

4. APrice

APrice Active Member

Quite the a-hole that one!

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I saw hime last week in PA. He said he was not going to be at the Grand, but was going to be at the Cardinal later on.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've shared this story before, but I will again for the newbies, and because it dovetails in with the "Buying From Grand Gun Vendors" thread".

A couple friends of mine and I went to the Grand in Vandalia in 2001. Now mind you the friend who made the trip happen was a lady and in her mid to late 60s at the time (she was my benefactor who got me into registered skeet).

Anyways we had a great time throughout the trip. Just as we were getting ready to go, she sees that Raffaele's store is selling Perazzis. We walk in, he's sitting in a chair in the corner reading the paper. Never even looks up to say Hi, anything. She picks up a Perazzi she's interested in, and opens it. He hears the ejectors pop as its opened. He throws his paper down, jumps up, runs over to her, rips the gun out of her hands, and growls "Give me that, you'll break it". I'm sure she would have been extremely angry if she wasn't so surprised. We left his store without further issue.

The punchline is that at any given time, she owned/owns at least $50k worth of Perazzis. At one time (all at the same time), she owned a MX8, SC3, SCO Sideplate (which was custom ordered from Perazzi and around $50k by itself IIRC) and a handful of other MX2000s and MX8s she had purchased for kids and grandkids (well north of $100k worth of Perazzis). The guys at Perazzi all knew her and brought her wine from the old country. She brought back catalogs to our local Perazzi dealer for them. Talk about not judging a book by its cover.

Funny thing was, a couple days before, I picked up a Perazzi @ their building that was north of $125k (and I was all of 16 at the time) and nobody said a peep. That was an experience in and of itself, and I only really did it to say i did it.

7. APrice

APrice Active Member

Similar incident at our state shoot a few years ago Ian. What made it funny though was that in the process of snatching the gun out of the prospective customers hands, the Italian Stallion dropped it in the dirt! He got so pissed he packed up his stuff and left. No one really missed him.

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Who is this Rafaelle? I have never heard of him, and I have been into the shooting sports for 18 years.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

How would Giacomo have handled it?

Open arms, offered her a glass of chianti, confided her excellence in choice of firearms.

different strokes....

guess which one is missed...

10. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

I have never met the man but heard rumors he was one of the best live bird shots ever.Joe

11. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Had the pleasure of pulling targets for him and his friends at the Pinehurst Gun Club many years ago. Always a gentleman on the field and never had an issue with him all the years I was around him.

Several years ago he showed up at the Spartanburg GC and we shared memories of those old days.

Takes a real set to bash folks on the internet.....

FRedmon

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

No bashing here, just a true story.

13. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

He had a raffle at one of the shoots years ago, I don't remember if it was NY or PA but he sold tickets on a new P gun for $20.00 each winner to be drawen at the end of the shoot.

On Sunday the last day people asked who had won the gun. His answer was the winner does not want to have his name knowen. Did someone win the gun? He has been a thorn in everyone side for years.

14. DONNE

DONNE Member

I'm not going to defend or condemn him, but will say that if you've ever been to Italy you will understand him ;-)

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've always known him to treat people as nice as they let him....

Curt

16. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Piece of work would be my description. Wonder how many sales he lost by his errant prejudgment of people.

17. dshot

dshot Member

He was Krieghoff best saleman's, he told a friend( who is a Med. Dr,)that he could not aford his guns, the Dr. went to the Krieghoff Build. and purshased a new K-80

18. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

lot of BS from people who don't know him!

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Lot of truth from those who experienced it first hand.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have met him while he was with Tony DeSimone at a shoot and he seemed to be a little quiet but always pleasant in a certain type of way ... I have heard that he treats people in an arrogant way, never witnessed it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Search tags for this page

raffaele marassca perazzi dealer