1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Radio at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by LTB45, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LTB45

LTB45 Member

Attended the Grand for the first time this year.
    Had a GREAT time!

My one and only complaint was the radio coverage there.
    I have shot at Ellysburg, Pa on many occasions. The radio station there keeps you constantly updated to what squad is on the ready.
    The radio at the Grand covered announcements well but really only played music all day.

I know more than a couple people that missed the start of their squad, some even thinking that they were arriving at their field early, only to find out they were late.
    According to one camper the TV as well was not accurate as to what squads were on the line.
    Hopefully they can get this worked out for future shoots.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The TV was incorrect, it was always early !! If they missed or were late for their squad because of the TV they were slow to the line. Jake

3. Trapazoid

Trapazoid TS Member

Not sure what happened this year with the radio. In years passed, they did give the ready squad and the last squad number for the event. Personally, I never relied upon that to get me to my bank on time. It takes 12 to 15 minutes for a squad to shoot 25 targets. 12 minutes is more practical and using this formula at the Grand will never make you late.

4. kettles kritter

kettles kritter Member

they will have it on the radio next year. working on plan didn't get it set up right for grand,said they will

step up several things

kettle

5. LTB45

LTB45 Member

Good to hear that they are going to fix it.

The wife and I were always 3 or 4 squads early for our posts, so it did not affect us. Some friends were not so early and did join their squads late and needed to shoot make up rounds.