1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Radians transition shooting glasses. Anyone use?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cmmonaco78, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

I have been looking into transition lens shooting glasses. I really don't want to spend $200-$300 on a pair. I don't wear prescription so I am not concerned with that. I saw radians transition RXT glasses in 3 colors. Smoke, amber and copper. They are about $50.00

I have a few questions. 1- has anyone tried them. 2- if so which color and why? 3- How effective are they?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Christopher Monaco

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

for the $50 it seems like a low risk gamble

Jim

3. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

Yes, certainly not a bunch of money but none thee less wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.

4. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

I just looked at a website featuring the glasses. They look entertaining, especially at the price. However, I have always had a problem with fogging with glasses that do not have a brow bar.

I would also like to hear about personal experiences.

Bill

5. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

I spoke to the people at Radians. I was told that all three colors are photo chromatic. What would be the best for outdoor clay shooting? Amber or copper? I have seen more expensive shooting transition glasses be offered in the autum gold color. The copper color looks to be closest to this. But I have also read that they might be I bit to dark of a tint in overcast conditions. This leads me to think the amber color which looks to be yellow would be better. Anyone have any thoughts?

You can check them out here

http://www.radians.com/main/p-213-radians-eclipse-rxt.aspx

Regards,

Christopher Monaco

6. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

No one huh?

7. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

cmmonaco78,

I have used Radians for years. I especially like the model I am using because a prescription insert is available and also an oversized glasses case.

I have been very happy with them.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

I use the Rudy Project photo-chromatic which are a little more red than the Radans but they have worked very well for me and the set I have comes with a clear photo-chromatic lens for the cloudy dark days. At the price for the Radans I am tempted to try a set of the smoke for general driving use. I am betting the copper would work well.

--- Chip King ---

9. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

I am going to order a pair in amber and see how they work. It seems they turn a nice dark orange in the sun. Incidentally traders, which model are you using? I will post my results after I recieve them.

Regards,

Christopher Monaco

10. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

I am using Radians--Model: Strike Force II. They are the only Radians where an accessory insert for prescription lens is available. If my eyes change I only need to change the insert. I have been very happy with them.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

radians transitional glasses

transitional shooting glasses