1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Radians Custom Fit Molded Earplugs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Caribou woodland, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Club de Tir de Valleyfield PQ Canada
    I like your comment on this plug ....long lasting.conforteble.efficient Salutations Pierre
  2. dward

dward Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I had a pair of molded plugs that I had made at a shoot a few years back for $75, and long story short I lost one when I left them in a pocket and it fell into the black hole known as our laundry room never to return.

I first had my son pick me up a kit a Cabelas which is advertised under Cabelas name. When using the Cabelas kit I made the mistake of not pushing the material into my ear enough, and they didn't end up extending into the ear canal as far as the one molded plug I had and didn't work as well.

The next weekend my son went to Gander mountain and got me the Radian brand. This time I made a point of really working the material into the ear and it worked great. When comparing the molded plug I paid $75 for to the Radian that was $15, the Radian was better/quieter. Now granted the one plug is a few years old and my ear could have changed, but the diy kit worked great.

As I stated I made a point the second time of really working the material into the ear canal and I ended up trimming a little bit off of each ear plug after they were done as they extended in farther than needed. I also had my wife shape them once I finished working them in to give them a better appearance/shape. They say set up time is 10 minutes, but to be safe I waited 20 before taking them out.

So my 2 cents is they are well worth it, but make sure you work the material in far enough and have someone help with shaping them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.