1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RAD or GRACOIL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joegriff, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joegriff

joegriff Member

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but unable to find it. Which is better Rad or Gracoil. I'm shooting a BT-99 and shoot heavy loads (potshooter) They look about the same but is one better for my use than the other. The PFS is a bit too pricey for me. Also who does installations.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 3 guns with Gra-Coil on then. I don't have any problems and they work just fine to reduce recoil. Also it looks good.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have been looking into this myself, all though I have tried several different types. The PFS is a tad out of my league. You may want to check out Speedbumpstockworks.com He has a new unit avalible, also installs the RAD. To me the RAD just looks a bit better than the rest. Now Ken at speedbump has the bumpbuster and also powder coating to add some new detail. Check it out. The hardest part for me is putting the gun down long enough to get the work done.

4. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Our son has been using a RAD system for about 4 years now. He still really likes it. There is alot of good information on Greg Hissem's webpage on the RAD and I believe the Gracoil as well. You might check that out. Greg's father just passed away, so I seriously doubt you can get ahold of him at this time, but he does an excellent job of installing them. I don't know his website address, someone on here might, but if you google Greg Hissem stockworks I am sure you will find it. Just thought I would mention it to you.

Lorna Hull

5. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I have used them all except the Bump-Buster. The PFS is the only way to go. If you can't do it now, save your pennies. You won't be sorry, and you will be glad you went with the PFS. Matt

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ARRRgghhh MATT i was just about ready to send my stock out. Man, no really theres so many options. If you are set on your price range The Rad or bumpbuster is a good choice. I keep getting googly eye over that PFS though. They finally came out with a left hand model for my XT also.

7. Billster

Billster TS Member

Gracoil LP's on both of our BT-99's and we're both very happy....even the whining woman. Wouldn't consider any other. No need to IMO.

cheers
    Bill Stengel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.