1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rad or Bump Buster?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Which of these two recoil reducers do you prefer & why? I'm looking to have one or the other installed on a trap gun. Thanks!

2. coaching

coaching TS Member

Ken Rucker for years installed more RAD's than anyone. He saw the good and bad points it had. He made the Bump- Buster to be a better unit. I have one of the first ones he put out. I've tried them all. Go with Ken you won't be disappointed.

Dan Twitchell

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

hunter44:

I have both a RAD II and a Bumpbuster. Check your private messages for my opinion and recommendation.

sissy

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Never having a Rad, I can't say about them. But, I have a Bumbuster on my Perazzi, and it really does work great.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Hauxfan!

5. Chris

Chris TS Member

Now I have never tried a Bumpbuster but I have tried two Rad 2's from Greg Hissem and I am very happy. Don't know why I would try something different.

I'm sure Ken has a wonderful unit with the Bumpbuster.

I would buy another Rad from "Hissem" in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

Chris

6. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Hissem put a RAD on my gun and I like it very much. In fact, I inquired about putting another on a Beretta semi yesterday. He said it can't be done due to lack of space in the stock! Have no experience with Bumpbuster.

7. coaching

coaching TS Member

If you don't have room for a RAD, call Ken, he just released his AUTO-BUSTER. It works and will fit where there is limited room.

8. letts

letts TS Member

Ken installed a "Bump Buster" on my BT 100 and I am very satisfied. Perfect install job. Realy took the edge off the recoil.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.