1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RAD II absorber adjustment

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pj 999, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Setting is now at 4.5,if I want to lighten up recoil do I go toward 0 or 9. Thanks, Paul Baker

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0 is the heaviest setting, 9 is the lighest.

3. teleskier

teleskier Member

According to Ken Rucker of Speedbump Stockworks who is the number one installer of RADs in the country, be weary of going too light. This may in fact increase felt recoil. As you go to heavier shells, dial in more on the RAD.

4. stockguy

stockguy Member

The reason for not setting the system too light - and this goes for ANY recoil reduction system - is that if it's set too light it will move through it's compression stoke and bottom out giving you the rest of the recoil. You want to set any system so that it doesn't bottom out. Really, 3/16" to 1/4" of movement is just about ideal in most cases.

For the RAD, I don't generally suggest going any lighter than 4. Maybe 5 will work if you don't mash your gun into your shoulder and are using very light shells. Otherwise, 4 and stiffer (towards 0) will work the best.

Good luck!

Greg Hissem

5. teleskier

teleskier Member

That is exactly how Rucker explained it to me...Mike

6. Otter

Otter TS Member

As the number gets larger, the orifice size increases in diameter thus reducing the amount of pressure necessary to move the piston. That's how I remember which way is which.

Luxor

7. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Thanks to all, I think I will try 5. I shoot light shells, but have really started to be sensitive lately to any recoil. Thanks Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.