1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RAD Adjustment?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JAAS, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAAS

JAAS TS Member

Purchased gun with RAD2 and trying to get it set to provide for the softest recoil without the unit bottoming out. Looking for suggestions from those with experience using the RAD. What number is your tension set at (0 thru 9)? What procedure/logic did you use to arrive at your tension setting?

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Jaas, best to contact Hart Recoil Reduction Systems. Some of the older #2s were set reverse then the newer,( meaning one was set to the highest # and the other set to the lowest # to get the max setting) Dave at RAD will ask you a few questions and be able to determine which one you have and give you the correct info. Jeff

3. JAAS

JAAS TS Member

I have the documentation from Hart. On this unit 0 is the hardest tendsion and 9 is the softest. I am looking to those with real experience using the RAD and their procedure/ideas of how they arrived at what they felt was the best setting.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

JAAS:

You have a PM.

5. JAAS

JAAS TS Member

sissy, thanks for the PM I have responded with an additional question for you.

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Start at 5 and go from there.

7. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

It really depends on the strength of the shells you are shooting but a setting on 4 or 5 will work best in most cases. I think mine is on 4, which was recommended by Greg Hisem who installed the system for me (I think he is retired now).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.