1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rad 2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I would like to get input from shooters who have the Rad 2 system installed on their guns. Are you satisfied? Is this system worth the cost? I also have given thought to the Gracoil but have been told by a very good installer of this type of a system that the Rad 2 is superior to the Gracoil. I have never shot a gun with these types of recoil reducers and am looking for input from shooters who have experience in these types of systems. Thanks a lot. Ed

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Might want to raise your sights a little higher and check out Ken Ruckers "Bump Buster". Best add-on system out there.

ss

3. pens1992

pens1992 TS Member

I love mine I don't really think there is to much difference between the 2 and they are pretty close on price I plan on having my bt99max stainless done and I will be putting the RAD2 on it. The guy from bumbbusters was a rad dealer then went on his own.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

No problems with my Rad2. I found it used for a reasonable price.

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Both the RAD and the Bunmbuster have their following, and both are quite good. I chose the RAD 2A because it seems easier to fully adjust, and it is, for sure, a high quality device. Just make sure to get the "2A" model of the RAD. Either is a lot cheaper than a PFS, but then, your stock has to be shortened. Shoot one before you get one and see how you like it.

WNCRob

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

short shucker, please explain differences that make Ruckers "bump buster" superior.

7. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I had a RAD 2a on my Beretta combo. It worked as advertised. T he recoil part of it was not the big thing for me. I liked it for all the adjustments it gave. With all this said, I would not put one on another gun because of the added weight it gives the but end and having to hack 1 1/2" off the stock. The recoil reduction is not that much reduced with one. From now on it will be an adjustable but pad for me.

8. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Do youself a favor and get Rod's Custom Stocks or Greg Hissem to put you a Rad 2A on your gun and you will never regret it. They are among the best! the beav

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Martin,

A couple of reasons come to mind, the fact that the "BumpBuster" is rebuildable is a big plus in my book. I generally keep guns around for more than a day or two so it's reassuring that if something happens to the O rings, I can get it fixed.

The other reason is weight! The BumpBuster doesn't greatly affect the balance of the gun like a RAD 2. This is important to me as I like to shoot well balanced firearms.

There is also some issues with adjustments that make the BumpBuster easier to deal with.

Ken wouldn't have spent so much time and $$ developing something if he didn't see a problem with what was out there. If I recall right, he made a few of suggestion to the RAD people and they were less than interested. I wonder how they would receive the info now that Ken's BumpBuster has been so successful.

ss

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have never had a Bumpbuster on a gun but I have had a RAD2. I wasn't at all impressed with the Rad2. I prefer the counter-coil to the RAD2. I found it easier to adjust and just overall smoother.

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

SS,Replacement parts are available for the RAD units. They are completely rebuildable.

12. RRA

RRA TS Member

I put a RAD 2 on my XT. The adjustability is great. I also have a Gracoil on a BT 99 my daughter shoots. I like the RAD 2 better. It is easier to adjust and the recoil is not as harsh.

13. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I opted for a RAD Basic (1) for my XT (due to recent heart surgery) instead of a RAD 2 because it is not as heavy as the RAD 2 and I did not believe I needed the extra length of pull adjustment - I was right. I have been a disappointed in the lack of "ease" in effecting the recoil and pad adjustments. I'm not really sure the expense was/is worth it. I mostly shoot light loads so it seems going to a recoil reduction device is only worth it if you plan on always shooting heavy 1 1/8 oz. loads for everything. Don't think I would get another. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.