1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rachel Hopkins - WOW!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beau69, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

Just cruising through the scores at this years Grand and in between all Leo's big scores and what not, something just jumped out at me...Rachel Hopkins hit 999x1000 at this years Grand in Singles, including three 200 straights. I'm going out on limb here, stating the obvious and saying that I bet thats never happened before. Not bad for a young lady who is what, 17? 18?

I've never met the kid but if I did she'd be getting a fairly enthusiastic high five!! That's really impressive!!

The next Nora Martin?? look out....

2. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

i believe she is 16

3. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

You know what I think is really awesome about this: is the person that took the time to get her started, my hats off to that person also. This is only my first year in ATA and only my 2nd year shooting, at the age of 53...I think the adults or others that are getting these young people interested in shooting are Great Individuals!! My father got shot in the behind going over a fence with a few buddies going shooting, we never saw a gun in the house of any kind, Now my brother is a lifelong Marine, and now I am shooting, wish I had taken up a lot earlier when the eyes and all were better!!!

Good going Rachel....your future is looking very bright and at your age even an Olympic thought could be held...and a pat on the back to the person who got you interested in shooting!!!!

Deb

4. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

yes true...when people take the time to get young people into this, they deserve a pat on the back (and not a shot in the butt, thats for sure!)

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Talked to my buddy Scott Smolkovich this morning, he was in the final 10 last night shooting with Rachel, Danny Ryan, Denis Bringelson and Dave Schaffer. He said Rachel was hitting her targets harder than anyone one the squad, and consistently. No pieces, just hangin' smoke.

6. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

sounds neat...what a story if she can win it all!

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For those that have not actually watched her... She debunks a lot of common instruction claimed as necessary.

8. 3357

3357 Member

Where is Rachel Hopkins from, can anybody post a photo?

9. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

From Pattonsburg Missouri, right up I-35 about 75 miles north of Kansas City

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Check out just about every issue of Trap & Field for the last year, and there will probably be a photo of her in all of them.

I think she made the cover a few months back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rachel hopkins trap shooter