1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rabbit Hunting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rob 15, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob 15

rob 15 TS Member

Any one having any luck rabbit hunting this season? If so, what part of the country and how many dogs?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Not many raabbits in Texas, fire ants got em all.

3. rob 15

rob 15 TS Member

Hunted this morning in kentucky, jumped 4, shot 2 on new farm to hunt. Cover was great just couldn't get rabbits up unless you stepped on them.

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Panhandle-----2 or 2,000, but there isn't much sport in it unless you back off 4-500 yards.

5. onlym12's

onlym12's TS Member

Lot's of rabbits in MA. Right before dark walking dirt roads(snow covered)no dogs necessary.

Mike

6. larryjk

larryjk Member

Wyoming. Took my grandson rabbit hunting on Jan 2. We drove out to a good looking area and had 3 bunnies in about 15 minutes. Could have had many more, but three was all we wanted for one meal. All head shots with a .22 bolt action, he was the gunner. I am proud of his shooting ability. Guess who taught him to shoot. His mother was divorced before he was old enough to shoot. She brought him to me and asked if I would teach him about guns. What more could you ask for from a daughter!

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Coyotes are pretty hard on the rabbit population in South Texas. On the other hand, they make pretty good targets as they trot along looking for something else to eat. Ron

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't like Rabbits! They are mean and vicious!.....Jimmy C.

9. Bunnybuster

Bunnybuster TS Member

Where in Ky are you huntin?

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I have been chasing rabbits with my hounds in the back yard, depends on the area some places have a much larger population than others.

Hunting rabbits with my Dad and brothers was big time fun when I was a Kid growing up in Western PA.

Ronbo

11. rob 15

rob 15 TS Member

Im hunting in the northern kentucky area.

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Lot's of bunnies in central CA. No beagles needed. Fried rabbit, mashed taters, biscuits and gravy...oh man!!!

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

With the weather warming up the kritters been every where just before dark. Massachusetts, lots of coyote also.

14. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

New Years eve day, killed 15, Iowa before the thaw.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sonoran Desert cottontails are yummy. They eat a lot of prickly pear catus, sweet and juicy.

Jacks are good too, at 300 yards with a 22-250. (flying lessons)

HM

16. rob 15

rob 15 TS Member

I've heard stories of rabbit hunters in Kansas, Iowa, etc... where there are so many rabbits they are a nuisance. Some friends of mine go every year and don't even bother taking the dogs. Can't even imagine. Some days are better than others around here but it seems like the last couple of years haven't been as good as in the past.

17. Bunnybuster

Bunnybuster TS Member

im down around lexington if ya wanna run gun or shoot the shit leave me ur email

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Roger C., ain't no quail er rabbits here in AZ at all to speak of!! Only shaketails and everything else that bites pokes er punctures yer hide here! Blazin summer heat, run yer air conditioner all the time day n night, cold as he!! in the winters,wind blows all the time! Bad place folks,bad place to move to!! :) Happy n AZ

19. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

It's not rabbit hunting without the beagles or bassets.

20. Perry County Gun Club

Perry County Gun Club TS Member

Im from central Ohio have two dogs One is a Branco dog the other one just a good old dog lots of rabbits where I hunt just dont ever shoot many like to watch the dogs run the only time we shoot any is when i take a few kids see you all at the gun club good bunny hunting mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rabbits in iowa on trapshooters