1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

R.V. Satelite dish????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Aug 12, 2013.

1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2007
    We need a portable satelite for the rv that we can use while parked under a cover. Was looking between the Tailgater that works with dish network, and the Winegard model 1518. Anyone have experience with either? Good and bad points to consider? GneJ
  2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2007
    I know several people that use the Tailgater and they have had great luck with it. Doesn't make a difference what service you have, all dishes will work. Good luck.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    I was in the electronics business for 40 years, and Winegard was always there, with antennas, Preamps, everything to do with signal reception including complete systems for hospitals and nursing homes.

I also see their antenna on just about every travel trailer I encounter.

I would look for a consumer review, but they don't scare me after 40 plus years.

I also saw a guy who had a roof mount 36 inch tripod outside his motor home at Tucson with shot bags holding it in place and a small satellite dish mounted on it. I don't know which service it was. they will all work if you have a clear shot at the bird.

Of course you have to re aim the dish every time but once you do it it's easy to repeat.