1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

R U going to take your Christmas Present from EC?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

The EC has very generously offered a 2 yard reduction if you are below your zone's trigger point.

It came to delegates as PDF and if someone would tell me how I would post the PDF.

I am impressed they are trying something for the handicap system.

2. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

This should make some sandbaggers happy.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

If you want to email me it I can host it.

rknarr01@yahoo.com

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'll take it; thanks, Phil (and EC!). Since at least 90% of the membership will be affected, this might shake things up a little. If only someone had suggested this sooner, Phil . . .

Neil

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What is zone's trigger point? Can you explain this? Thanks

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Most Will not accept anyway. I respect the effort but most will refuse it and continue to bi*** they cannot win.

Jeff

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

what is the "L" code

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Central Zone 91% now, but they might use 90 since that's what was in effect when the targets were shot.

Does this mean the Y code is gone? The F code? D codes? H codes? R codes?

Neil

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Im missin the point.

If you take the reduction and win you'll probably end up right back where you are now.

Why leave?

If your scores go up a few targets but you still don't win, youre still not competitive.

Why move up with the old, blind and infirmed and still be uncompetitive when you can lose just as well back with the slightly better shooters?

MK

10. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Thanks Phil, and thanks to the EC. I got hot at the Cardinal Classic two years ago and got a couple of punches + got "H" coded. It moved me back to the 25 1/2 and I haven't run a trap since. They call it handicap for a reason, and I'd like to earn the yardage back, but also would like to be competitive. I'll take the reduction and maybe can get back into the 90's once again. We don't go to the shoots to loose y'know.

best...mike

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Yes - I will take it.

12. smsnyder

Grover point here in Pa. is 90

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

no. I can not break a winning score of 96 + from 16. How will moving up to the 24 help me. Winning is for the few. having fun is for the many.

14. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Unknown, you say, "Why move up and still be uncompetitive?"

Why stay back and be uncompetitive? Seems that one would have a chance to be more competetive from shorter yardage.

GneJ

15. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Look at it this way, boys. When you're shooting for fun the targets are costing you ten to 12 cents each. This summer, ATA targets are gonna be 32 cents apiece, I hear. When you look at it that way, getting gerrymandered into a handicap yardage where you can't compete is a situation that needed attention. I applaud the EC for making the change, and as for those mythical sandbaggers, I could give a rat's ass; because I've never seen one of 'em yet, who can run 100 straight.

16. smsnyder

The reduction is only good after the 1000 targets review. IF you have a below 90 average in handicap you can take the 2 yard reduction. CORRECT?

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Darn, and I just got my first reduction since 1993 to the 26. Count me in for two more yards anytime-then two more and look out Leo.

By the way, Santa must have been listening as this was a suggestion I made several times in the past. Remember when the 'dawg stated it might be good to offer all shooters significant reductions-especially himself.

I'll now be offered the opportunity to practice my target management skills. I'm already planning to only shoot 7/8 oz. loads through my field gun choked IC at the worst weather shoots this winter. Nothing like a 25 mph wind and cold temperatures to bring those handicap scores down. I can see it now. 25-24-25 then turn to my buddy and say "oh, what do I do now", and proceed to break a 19. My trigger is likely to go bad, my rib come loose and a host of unknown ailments will separate me from just unlucky to being called a dreaded sandbagger.

Good start in the right direction but we need much more!!

18. missed some

missed some TS Member

heck yea i will take and anyone elses if they dont want em mark crist

19. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Any news about the bigger issues that have been discussed such as:

Shell velocity, 1 oz loads, concrete, a better location for the grand,higher avgs for the long yardage and number of grand slams in the last 15 years.

Those just to name a few.

20. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

MIA; We think a-lot alike.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.