1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. Fred McKean

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootinkid25, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinkid25

trapshootinkid25 TS Member

I haven't been on this site in awhile as I have been very busy with many things. I thought it was worth posting on here that a good friend and fellow trapshooter passed away this past week in Fred McKean of Troy, IL.

My best wishes and prayers go out to his family and friends. I sure will miss him.

Best,
    Michael Ruebhausen TSK25

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Sorry for the loss ok I hope this is the right obit below if so then it has a guest book in the link above that friends can sign.

Foghorn

Frederick D. "Fred" McKean

Frederick "Fred" D. McKean, age 64, of Troy, died Thursday, May 22, 2008, at Anderson Hospital in Maryville.

He was born Dec. 8, 1943, in Highland, the son of the late Charles and Velora "Zeoy" Munton McKean.
    He married Lynn Evans. She survives. Also surviving are one son: Charles M. McKean of Granite City; one daughter: Shelly Duncan of Hamel; one grandchild: Virginia Duncan; three great-grandchildren: Julien, Brandon and Emmie; two brothers: Bobby McKean, and wife Diana, of Greenville and Elmer McKean of Highland and two sisters: Louise Smith of Greenville and Laura Jones, and husband Hal, of Lakewood, Colo.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one brother: Leon McKean. Mr. McKean was a steel worker at Granite City Steel. He was a member of the IOOF, the Edwardsville Gun Club and the Town and Country Gun Club. Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, May 26, at Laughlin Funeral Home in Troy. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday, May 27, at the funeral home with the Rev. Doug Munton officiating.

Interment will be in St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery in Troy.
    Published in the Edwardsville Intelligencer from 5/24/2008 - 5/25/2008.

3. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy goes out to family and friends.

Janet, Ohio

4. Kent

Kent TS Member

I can't remember ever being at the Edwardsville gun club in the past 15 years when I didn't see Fred, until last weekend. My sympathies and condolences.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. I wish you and his family peace.

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I was "shocked" when his widow told me of Fred's passing. My condolences again, to the family and his many friends. merlyn...

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with the family at this time of great loss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.