1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

R.A.D. System or Gracoil What is better??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I am going down to see Greg Hissen this week and I was wondering what the thought were on these 2 recoil/LOP systems. Any info will help. Oh this will be on my 13yr old son's gun.

Corey

2. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Precision Fit Stock is the only way to go -- it will grow with him and take the punch out of the recoil better than anything out there

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

I would say the Rad II. It also has a LOP adj. that can grow with him for a long time. I have both and much prefer the Rad. Way easier to adjust and if Ken Rucker didn't do my stock work then I would get Hissem. I have seen his work and it is quality work. Hope this helps.

Jimmy

4. southpark

southpark TS Member

I think Mr. Hissom himself will tell you that the RAD II is probably the best of the ones you mention.

The PFS is different and feels different, at least to me and more expensive.

Pat McCarthy's Stock-Lock with a concomittant custom fit stock job (see http://www.dawsonent.com/) is the absolute best solution out there, but more expensive still.

5. teleskier

teleskier Member

RAD II without a doubt. Have Ken Rucker do the work. He installs more RAD's than anyone else in the country and has great customer service and turn around time. Mike

6. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Bryan had a RAD on his Beretta and now on his Perazzi. He has grown and changed so much...the only way to go! and you are headed in the right direction. Greg is great with kids and great to work with as a parent. We had it originally installed to save Bryan's shoulder from all the recoil we could since he was only 10 or 11 when it was installed. Greg does a great job! You will never regret the $$ spent.

Lorna Hull

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I had Greg put a RAD on my Perazzi, and he did an excellent job. He also spent a lot of time talking with me about it and explaining it to me. I tried a Gracoil on a couple of my friend's guns, and it is nice, but doesn't work as well as the RAD. I think anyone that has tried both will tell you to go for the latter.

I NEVER feel a kick, not even a slight one.

8. B.C.

B.C. Member

RAD II Use Greg only way to go ! B.C.

9. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

RAD, only way to go. I have one on my TMX and TM-1, and felt recoil is negligible. Richard

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

"concomitant" Stock-Lock. I like that Thanks.

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I've been the largest RAD dealer/installer in the world for the past 2 1/2 years now. I have also installed a ton of Gracoils. Each system has features I like and dislike. That (among other things ) has prompted me to bring another system to the market.....my own. My new system will combine the best features of both the above and add my own single screw, thru the pad , pad adjuster. Same excellent adjustable hydraulics as a RAD, lop adjustment and cleaner installed appearance of a Gracoil, better pad adjuster than either, a little less installed weight than a Rad, very competitive pricing and a lifetime guarantee. It will be available with or without the pad adjuster and both versions will be lop adjustable. All of that combined with my high quality installation. The prototype has been built, the machined parts are on order and my target date for the first ones to hit the market is July 1st....just in time for the TEXAS STATE TRAP SHOOT. The only thing left to do is to figure out what to call it.....any ideas??

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Ruckcoil? Richard

13. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I have used the RAD and a PFS. I would suggest a PFS if you can afford it. If not go with a RAD from Ken Rucker or Greg Hissem. Matt

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Roger Finkle suggested "Bump Yours"....LOL!!

Ken

15. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Speedbump Reducer

16. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Thanks for the info on my question. I am looking forward to getting this done for my son and see him continue to improve.

Hey Ken how about the R.R.R Rucker Recoil Reducer!!!

Thanks Corey

17. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Ken: What is the minimal length of your device with, say, a thin kickez pad or with your own pad????

18. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

With a 1/2" pad, the base model will be 1 3/8", the pad adjuster model will be 1 3/4".

Ken

19. teleskier

teleskier Member

Ken,

I can probably come up with a name for it for you but of course it would be after you install a prototype on Kel's BT100 and let her shoot it for a bit to replace the Gracoil that is on there now. Thoughts?

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

LOL!!! We'll talk about it, Mike. I finished installing MY pad adjuster on your RAD this afternoon before I shut down for the day. I'll ship it tomorrow. It will give you at least 1/2" more drop capability than the RAD original equipment one.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.