1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

R.A.D or Graco

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I’m looking for some opinions on what you think is the better adjustable length stock adjuster. I am looking at both the R.A.D and the Gracoil.

Keep in mine I not interested in the recoiling models but just the adjustable length models. I looked at the R.A.D. while visiting the PA State Shoot this past Saturday and I really liked it but have no actual experience with either one. Thanks,

Dale

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you want only LOP adjustment then Gracoil is the way to go. Now if its recoil reduction i would go with the RAD II which has LOP and great recoil reduction. I have both.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I also make my own lop buttplate with my thru the pad adjuster. It is the only lop buttplate that can be easily converted to also reduce recoil at a later date if desired.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

^^^There is your best choice^^^

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If a gun fits you like it should there should not be a recoil issue, stock length is a very important part of fit ... If recoil is a problem see a gunfitter ... My wife shoots a Model 12 (no Rad, no Gracoil) and does not have a problem with recoil because the gun fits her and she is not a big woman by any means ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

You mean she is not as big as you? That is everyone. Just kidding.....

7. FNG

FNG Member

I'd like to follow up on WPT's comment regarding stock fit. I undersatnd that, at least theoretically, proper stock fit should result in a person being able to shoot all day with no discomfort. I've been struggling with recoil/cheek slap/stock fit and would like to have any recommendations for a good stock fitter in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area.
    Thanks.

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Call Ken Ruck...he ain't that far...LarryB

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks Ken, I’ll check your unit out and thanks grntitan for the your opinion on the Gracoil.

The rest of the replies were geared towards recoil and I made that clear in the original thread that recoil was not an issue. This is mainly why I was not interested in the recoiling units.

I have always used the Jones and 100 Straight units on my previous guns but wanted to try an adjustable length model.

Again I am interested in anyone who had experience in using the adjustable length R.A.D or Gracoil unit. Thanks,

Dale

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have had and used all three units. The RAD 2, The Bump Buster and the Gracoil. I would have to say that The Bump Buster is my favorite with the RAD right behind. Ken is a great guy to talk to and deal with and his service is top notch. I also got excellent service and fast turn around from Dave at Harts.Inc on the RAD. I would place the Gracoil in third place just because mine always seemed to need tension readjustments after every 3 - 5 hundred rounds.

--- Chip King ---

11. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for the information Chip,

Dale

12. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Got a nice reply from flyfishdave with a good direction to go. Thanks again Dave,

Dale

13. mth602

mth602 TS Member

I Had Both, The Gracoil is easier to adjust

14. plaw

plaw Active Member

believe me if you have two bad shoulders like i do you want all the recoil reduction you can get, I am thinking about buying a pfs stock.I already have had all the rest..

15. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have the GRACO adjustable butt pads, (not the GRACOIL which is a recoil reduction system.) I love mine and they might be what you are looking for. They adjust for LOP very simply and securely and they adjust vertically and horizontilly as well. (Although I have never used these features.)

16. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for all the replies.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.