1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

R-22 freon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

R-22 freon went from $3 a pound to over $10 in less than a week.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have half a keg I need to sell. LOL Jackie B.

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Put a full 30#er away with the gauges hooked up without shutting the main valve many years ago . When it came time to use it for myself I found it empty !!! Lession learned .

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Yeah it's gone crazy, the story I heard was the EPA wanted to stop the shipment of dry R 22 units but they didn't have the power, it would have to be done by congress, so the think they have the power to change a regulation and curtail production

Friggin bureaucracies, It's got Obozo's finger prints all over it

I bought 4800 lbs of it in 2007 just waiting for this to happen, still have about 3600 lbs

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It's only going to go up so buy now. In automotive R12 went to $20.00 per pound when they mandated R134A. Here after all the money spent in equipment to seperate and recycle or retain and so on, now maybe it's not refrigerant thats causing the hole in the ozone maybe its cattle farts! Science right

6. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

If you don't want to blow off 100s of dollars to atmosphere, keep a seal cap on the bottle.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Ya gotta love a conspiracy, especially when its the government doing it!!!!!!!!

Government: Freon destroying the ozone layer, incite the greenies to help and get Du-pont to go along with it!

A friend of mine worked for the company when ALL this went down. Du-pont did not want to renew the "Patent" on the stuff. Got the government to make false claims and they would back them up. Just to introduce some "new" product!!

What happened to all the old stuff? Got shipped out of the country!! To other country's to use because they didn't have any EPA in their government to say "You can't use it because its destroying the ozone layer"

Most went to Mexico by rail car.

If the government wants to "ban" something, QUESTION it entirely! especially if they are using "science"! And their is a big business backing them up!!

8. jwells

jwells Member

has anyone heard about the EPA not letting NASA use freon in some process for making the outer insulation of the rocket booster of the space shuttle. and the result was the damaged tile and the death of the space crew.

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Actually the reason DuPont led the fight to change from 22 to 410 was because DuPont's patent had run out and they couldn't renew it, so let's invent some new stuff we can patent

10. loop02

loop02 Member

Friday it was $184.00 a can. Noon Monday it was $240.00 a can. Four o'clock Monday it was $280.00 a can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.