1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Qwickresponse online help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by targetchip, May 25, 2013.

1. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

This is a new method to diagnose and solve shooting problems in a professional manner.. for those who, can't afford big bucks for instruction, what to get a different opinion,are stocked in a frustrating plateau,want to get a quick answer,want to know why mistakes are made and how to fix them, what cause flinching and other bad habits etc.

Starting a shooting career with solid fundamentals will result in a long and enjoyable journey in this field.

Understanding what cause your limitations and getting right solutions will improve your performances

Small changes can make huge differences.

Qwickresponse can help you to get over any problem.

2. targetchip

What is wrong, that nobody express any opinion?

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Far too complicated for trap shooters to comprehend. We have very small brains and are easily confused. HMB

4. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

Sounds like a good way to check out you shooting just not sure how many people will go to the trouble of setting up the video then up loading and waiting for a answer. Sounds like a lot of time and effort easy way is the bad advise form the club. Tom

5. targetchip

hmb, twcpdc,

Thank you for your opinions! Qwickresponse is a new method to diagnose and give solutions online and any input from you is very helpful.

Indeed, posting a video from a smart phone is a challenge for some and easy for others. I am on the first category, to be honest!
    That being said,the only solution is to find a shooting buddy who can help you posting for you. The response from me can come instantly,the range of 24h is based on solicitations. Is not the case yet!:)

I am the trap Messiah?,of course not, but 35 years in the shooting range gave me the expertise to diagnose and solve many thing that others have no ability to detect.( see testimonials)
    There are plenty of excellent coaches, but I address to those who can't reach professional help and want to improve.

If you are in a " cul-de-sac" then Qwickrespose can help you.

Please post your observations and suggestions to find a workable compromise.

Thank you again for the two posters.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Who are you to be giving advice? Big Dog, Little Dog, Wanna-be-Dog? Experience? Why are you any better than the Gezzers at the local club at giving advice?

7. targetchip

shot410ga,

My credential is on the website above.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

International Bunker is a lot different than American Trap. But, good luck with your program.

9. targetchip

shot410ga, thank you!

My first stage on teaching Olympic trap started on the ATA trap field, where i picked up a lot of talents. In fact , after the closing of the Atlanta shooting venue,I setup an ATA field, at the Tom Lowe shooting grounds, with a wobble trap
    where I coached Dustin Anderson the USA record holder for Olympic trap J3 300 targets with an average close to 22/25 The record 261/300 still in place!

The body mechanics and the fundamentals are close enough for both disciplines, If the bunker is hard b/c of its target speeds and wide angles,the ATA trap is hard b/c of the handicap system and the single shot at the target.
    On both, the mistakes are made b/c of the same causes so to detect and solve them require expertise and experience.
    Of course, both disciplines have specifics, which I am aware of and taking them in consideration is part of a professional job.
    The Qwickresponse try to detect and solve ASAP any mistakes that can limit the shooter's performances.
    I hope, people will like the program and take advantage of it.

10. targetchip

If you just started flinching or doing other bad habits or you are flinching and you don't know the cause of it, then try to put up a short video and send it to me. There are over 40 causes for flinching so, should be over 40 solutions for it!

Beside this aspect of the program, if you want "to clean" your technique and understand the correct body mechanics required for a consistent performance you can find help on Qwickresponse.
    I worked with youngsters and I founded the "Atlanta junior shooting team" One of the team member ,Collyn Loper from Alabama,qualified for the 2004 Olympics and placed 4 th!

Teaching a new shooter the correct fundamentals is a must in order to keep him
    in the game and make him to enjoy shooting for the rest of his life!
    Don't let the bad habits to take over b/c it can be...over!

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You've certainly gone about it the right way. Too many start-up businesses
    don't do the market research necessary to determine if there's a demand for their product/service.

You've tested the waters, and as you can clearly tell from the lack of responses - except for the few negative ones, that this is the time abandon the idea without incurring any additional expense.

12. targetchip

dickgtax,

I appreciate your opinion and the elegant way to get rid of me, however, I am not the guy who gives up b/c I know what I know and my results are speaking!I build up my credential on results and not on BS.
    In the same time I know that a lot of excellent talents leave the sport b/c of bad habits and lack of proper teaching.
    Many coaches are doing coaching analyses using video registration which is a step ahead to implement and understand correct fundamentals.On the " youtube" people puts up around 74,000/ min. video clips, so I don't believe that is so hard.
    Anyway,I still optimistic, considering that there are people who want to learn more about shooting than they get from a local "guru" and are computer literate enough to put up a video. If not others can help.
    For $20 they can get more than for $200. Guaranteed!

One more thing,regarding the feedback on the forums. My English is not the best and I understand that people are reserved b/c of that.
    I create a game called Maze clays and I ran it for 5 years at the Tom Lowe range in Atlanta. In the same time I was on the Shotgunworld forum
    If,on the maze clays field the people just can't get enough to play it,on the SW forum I never got a question about the Maze clays.!!
    More than that, when I started, nobody gave me a chance to be successful with it,but after 3 months they took out the 5 stand b/c the maze clays made much more money.
    I can't see anything negative here about the "QR" other than the " difficulty" to put up a video clip. That can be solved easily.
    I am appreciate any other objective criticism !

13. targetchip

How many of you use a video recording to analyze technique and form?

14. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

When camcorders first came out, I used one to tape my golf swing. It was very instructional to see what I actually looked like swinging a golf club. I haven't kept up with the new technology (no smart phone) so I haven't really considered doing the same thing with shooting. I do think I can take video on my camera (never tried) and I might give it a try. I am probably more computer literate than most of the trap shooting population. I think you may be dealing with a generational issue. Mark

15. targetchip

I am patient, always I was :)! the body language,the capacity to detect hidden, almost invisible, mistakes can solve a life long shooting problem.
    People help each others, I can't see any problem to put up a video asking a friend to do it for you!

Satisfaction guaranteed!

Search tags for this page

tom lowe maze clays