1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quit whining about the NRA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

All these people whining about the NRA- and then whining about the threats to their firearm rights--- and they arent members-

Its like people whining about the military or military policy that have never served

or those that complain about other people

or hide behind computer screens

quit whining-- grow up- join the NRA - vote in their elections

some people are just complainers I guess

The NRA is the only show in town and its a good one- lets raise the percentage of gun owners above the current 1/2 ----- 1 percent that are now NRA members

Gene

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I second what you say. They aren't perfect, but they are the best that we have and they represent all gun owners. Trapshooters, 50 caliber shooters, hunters and the list goes on. And they are unfailing in the cause. I joined as a life member 20 years ago at 25$ every quarter, and just upgraded to patron status. HUg an NRA member or sign up someone that isn't... Rick Gibbs

3. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

What about the GOoA?

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

The GOA is too small to be effective as a lobbying group in Washington.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I agree.

HM

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The NRA isn't perfect, but who else is out there protecting the rights of lawful people? Certainly NOT those Yahoos complaining about them! I'm a member and will remain one. They have my support until they ever get in bed with the enemy.

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

THanks TimB99...I fairly new to gun sports and its nice to get answers.

8. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

I think the only good thing about that thread is it exposed MacV, Trappy12, and above all Jnoemanh, as being complete morons who don't care about gun rights as long as their pretty little BT99 or whatever isn't affected (yet).

Its quite perverted someone claiming to be a shooter on a shooting site would defend Diane Feinstien who is quoted as saying; "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here..." Its quite obvious someone going to the length of saying "Fienstien doesn't want to ban all guns, she'll exempt THESE", isn't on the gun owners' side or on the side of the US Constitution. The 2nd Amendment is the most pissed-on Amendment out there, with new restrictions coming about all the time - there are groups dedicated to seeing the 2nd Amendment being removed from the Constitution, and would just as soon see to it that the Government would come knocking at your door to confiscate your guns.

I don't imagine the people defending the pick and choose "this gun is ok, that gun isn't" tactics of Fienstien and her ilk, would be so supportive if a Senator introduced a bill picking and choosing who could and couldn't vote. That is an Amendment too you know, but isn't it un-Constitutional to pick and choose what US citizens can vote? Or how about legislating what is and isn't protected under free speech...isn't that un-Constitutional? Duh, YEAH! So why would anyone "pro-gun" support a bill that says 1100's and Garands are evil L.E.O. killing assault weapons, but your K80 is OK for now? THAT is un-Constitutional, and just plain ignorant.

I would challenge MacV, Trappy12, and/or Jnoemanh to an open debate on here, regarding the 2nd Amendment RIGHT to keep and bear ALL arms and the un-Constitutionality of gun bans, and tactics of the anti-gun LEFT...but I wouldn't want to waste my time. Arguing with morons claiming to be gun owners who don't care about their rights is like arguing with a drunk about alcohol.

9. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I don't know about Mac V but you have to understand that trappy 12 is a high school aged kid who isn't even able to uy a shotgun or pistol now. After some of the anti-gun statements that I have heard from him, I would call him just a young troll who should probably get a job instead of wasting his youth in front of a computer screen. People should be aware of this fact when he posts on here about wanting to buy guns etc, that he is underage to handle let alone purchase a firearm. Oh well caveat emptor, but he really spoutin off some nonsense. Anyone that searches trappy 12 will see his trolling drivel. Rick Gibbs Long live the NRA!

10. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Gene, I quite agree! It is a constant amazement to me how many of those who piously preach on this site are not: ATA shooters, NRA members, voters, or even thinkers. Lots of cowards hiding behind screen names. I can understand a young kid being naïve and idealistic but not these old time whiners. I did not raise my kids that way.

11. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

NRA LIFE Member since 1989 and NRA Annual Member for about 17 years prior to that. So I guess that makes me an NRA member for about 35 years total. As the saying goes, "That may not be a record, but it's a darn good average."

As to shooting trap, yes I do, but not ATA registered trap.

12. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

I`m with Gene.

Tom R. NRA Life member.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It truly amazes me that if someone, anyone don't think as highly or along the same lines as some others about certain things they are called complainers and whiners ... I say everyone is entitled to their personal opinion on any and all subjects even if it don't match some other peoples for what ever reason ... I have been a Life Member of the NRA for many (30+) years and in no way, shape, or form do I believe that if it was not for the NRA we would not have guns ... That is nothing short of pure unadulterated BS ... I do feel that the NRA is beneficial to gun owners and they do certain things to assure certain things in favor of gun owners but to say that no one who have guns without the NRA is a blanket statement and there is no proof of that what so ever ... I used to support the NRA annually with a donation but since calling them and notifying them many to several times that I am already a Life Member and there is no need to send a continual barrage of renewal notices to me I have cut back on my support ... Before doing so I did contact them and request they quit sending me renewal notices and that I would with hold my donations until that is done ... I get more than one per week and sometimes 3 at a time on some days ... No more calls, and no more wasting my time calling them, they had been told in advance now I'll just wait and see ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

WPT

I've been a Benefactor Member for over seven years, and have never received an NRA membership solicitation in that time. Be that as it may, the NRA contracts this function out. It may actually cost more to cross-check the mailing lists than to just send the mailing to everyone on the particular list.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There are things that the NRA has done that I dont agree with- and guess what? I let them know - sometimes in multiple ways

and I dont care for Wayne actually

but guess what- they are the only show in town plus they do a lot of good things in addition to support our rights - such as education and junior programs and promotions

really if you complian about the NRA and you arent a member- you are a CHEAP ASSED WHINER-

regards from Iowa

Gene Nosco - Life Member

16. larryjk

larryjk Member

Jnoemanh, I have had a FFL longer than you and I really doubt you have one if you say the guns are all registered bacause of a buyer filling out a Form 4473.
    That form 4473 stays in my records until I discontinue business. The NICS Operations Cntr. may have a record of the names they cleared, or denied, for purchases, but not the serial numbers or brand of firearms they purchased as long as that Form 4473 stays in my possession. Just because someone is not denied the purchase of a firearm doesn't mean I have to sell them one. I reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone I chose, no matter what religion, what language they speak, or what color they are. If I feel someone is a undesireable, they don't get the gun. Let the ACLU chew on that!

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy what you have just described is a "Straw Purchase" a "straw purchase is any purchase where the buyer is not eligible to own the purchased item according to the law and therefore purchases the item through a proxy buyer. Although it usually refers to the purchase of illegal firearms, the term can refer to almost anything bought or sold illegally." it is also time to note that "In the United States, straw purchases are a felony violation of the Gun Control Act of 1968 for both the straw purchasers (who can also be charged with lying on Federal Form 4473)". If you think I am not telling the truth look it up. You can Google US gun laws. BTW if you are caught committing a straw purchase you won't by another legal, gun.

Bob Lawless

18. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

larryjk,

It's obvious you caught him in a outright LIE!!!

His thread conveniently disappears.

They're all the same, dishonest to the bone!

19. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

15 yr olds are not eligible to own long guns? Since when?

20. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

The NRA is the only game in town.

I'm continuously amazed at the denial on the part of many gun owners who believe that "sensible" gun control is OK and that politicians, in all their wisdom, will know when to stop when enough guns are banned and enough restrictive laws are passed. Who determines what is an acceptable firearm and what is not? I'm not comfortable with leaving that up to a bunch of people who have their own armed security and who are totally ignorant of the average American's needs. I am my own security, thank-you-very-much, and I take my security seriously and I don't like politicians tweaking my ability to protect myself!

The NRA may be annoying with it's many mailings, but if they didn't make money with all those mailings, do you really think they would have continued doing it for this long? Me thinks they do make money on it and they do use that money for a good cause. I don't know how much Wayne makes (it would be interesting to find out) but I do know that when that crap went down in New Orleans, the NRA was in court successfully defending the NO residents who had firearms confiscated during the aftermath of Katrina (just when they needed weapons the most). These little court battles take place all over the country and most of them go unnoticed. I'm proud to be a life member and will continue to support the NRA whenever I can.

And for those who say the ACLU supports ALL of the BILL OF RIGHTS, there's a link above to the ACLU's stance on the Second Amendment that I posted on the "other" thread.

Jennifer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content