1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quirks with new 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Took my newly purchased 1100 out to the club last night for its trial run, and it would not cycle my 17.5 grains red dot/28gram loads. It would cycle the action only partially and then crush the paper hulls upon trying to return shut.I had completly disassembled/ cleaned and lubed it before taking it to shoot it. I had an older 1100 with the old style 2 piece gas seals with me, and switch them into the new gun. The gun worked fine after it had the older style seals in it..I have read of others having the same problems with the newer style 1 piece gas seals not working as well as the older 2 piece seals, but now I know for sure!! Best regards...Ernie

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

if you shoot about a hundred rounds of 1 1/8 oz loads, that ahould be enough to break the components in. also make sure that the recoil spring is lubricated after the break in. hope this helps. jm+*-3
    +

3. Stumpstalker

Stumpstalker TS Member

Did you try shooting factory shells out of it? The problem might be with your reloads. I have a new 28gauge 1100 and it worked flawlessly with 250 rounds of factory shells.

Carmine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.