1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

QUIET PLEASE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by laura!, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura!

laura! Member

Reminds me of a car alarm incident ; )

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just let him try that at a golf tournment....somebody will fix him up with a sand wedge neck tie. LOL

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The "Quiet Please" rules are respected at Golf and Tennis matches why not at trap shoots. The concentration levels are the same. I can't understand why a little common courtesy towards the competitors at a shoot aren't observed.

Eric

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

BB... I'm pretty sure no one at the shoot missed this gentleman, or his rude remarks and comments. HE is who the sign is directed towards... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. over/under

over/under Member

Doubt if he is 27 yard shooter.It can be distracting.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

the shooter that complained may just like to complain most likely a Democrat!

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Would the signs suggest that shooters cannot make noise calling for a bird or shooting their guns. I don't like quite gun clubs. I like to hear a lot a guns shooting.

Pat Ireland

8. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

QUIET PLEASE huh. Is throwing rocks at trash barrels ok?

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Most of us have seen it happen. One very loud guy or gal calls, three targets exit at a time. This happened at the Grand this year. I kindly asked the squad hustler to talk to the offending shooter. He did nothing and we suffered through false pulls for the next two traps.

I asked him, in my best diplomatic way to lower the volume and explained that his call was a problem. He harumft and snorted and walked away. The next trap he was even louder. We actually waited until he was done with the forth trap before finishing. Everybody waiting for us was sympathetic and patient.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me how quiet a shotgun "game" must be for someone about to fire off a 12 ga. shotgun! Chess, is a very quiet game of thinking moves ahead, farting there may foul the air and mind at the same time. Some of these people hear way too good for their own benefit. Yes, I've shot from the 27 also and use dual ear protection for more than one reason.

Re-do the sign; Please respect others hearing/concentration abilities when the shotgunning contest begins. Why not, they're making claims sporting clays shooting is like golf with a shotgun, Huh? Hap

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How big of a chair back would that take?

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

How many of you sat in a refs chair and actually pushed a button for 5 days and shootoffs at a registered trapshoot.

When it was time for caps I would move the benches and the gunrack back to allow for a buffer from the loudmouths.

I pulled for Earl and Kaye and Raffael and the Ljutics and a few others at a place called Pinehurst - and Pat Ireland.

Think it was tough on the shooters - how about the puller.

Now we don't have to worry about distracting the puller but it would be so nice if we would be considerate and try not to distract the shooters!!

FRedmon

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Freddy, with the equipment we use today, a deaf scorekeeper could do a good job of marking Xs and Os? Not so during the time frame you mentioned with hand pulls. Exactly what do we need, more rules? OR, more respectful members? Club management could stop this but then,, the loudmouths may go somewhere else and spend their money?

How about a bench sign stokinpls? Sign for your favorite golf course; "Loudmouth golfers will have their balls removed", might help the golf game too? Hap

14. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I have no problem with the signs mentioned in the first post and certainly can understand how one can be distracted by noise, movement, whatever. However, I can also say that I am a very single minded person. When I fix my mind on something, I tend to be oblivious to most anything around me, be it visual, auditory, olfactory, whatever.The only real distraction I have ever experienced while on the line was the cold rain running down the back of my neck at the South Carolina State shoot earlier this year. The rain started about 5 minutes into my first trap in the handicap event (my squad shot late in the day)and it really shook me up bad.I couldn't hit squat!

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with the signs. Sometimes, I see somebody that I haven't seen in a long time, and I get excited and start talking with them when I am coming off the line, and I forget that other shooters are ready to take the line. A visual reminder can help us all. Why would anyone get angry about a simple sign?

16. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Boog, I was talking to a few guys from the club, and they said he wasn't mad about the sign. Apparently on the post next to him there was a shooter with a T-shirt on which read, "I'm with stupid" and it pointed at him. He was angry because the shooter wouldn't take it off, so he left!

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

BigBruno,

You gotta be kidding. Talk about being insecure and overly sensitive.

Eric

18. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

Through many years of trapshooting I have found that what works best with these people that think they need to have their conversations close to the firing line is, stop the shooting turn around and just stare at them. They will get the message that they need to take it inside or move away far enough that they cannot be heard from the firing line...

Just my thoughts,

Grizzly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.