1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

QuickBooks Pro question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Hawkes, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Is this a good system for Gun Club management or do you know of something more compatible? Thank you, Bob

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

It will work fine. Not expensive, easy to use. The last point is most important because maybe then it will actually get used. It will take some time to set up the different items you sell, I suggest split between members and nonmembers. You can import member lists from Excel etc. and set up your dues schedules for invoicing. Keep your chart of accounts as simple as possible, remember someone else will likely inherit it from you and might get overwhelmed if you get it complicated.

Not great for tracking inventory, but fine for most gun clubs.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I use it and most of my suppliers use it. I do not use the inventory function simply because I do not have true inventory. I think the big plus to QB Pro is that so many people are familiar with it and can set it up. Seting up your invoice and sales slip formats is more easily done by someone that has done it before. But like any or the small business programs, find someone that can type a lick and it will be easy to input new shooter customers. An I guess I would disagree with the above re inventory tracking. I know how it works and I think it would be a snap.

4. Bob Hawkes

Thank you both for your input. QuickBooks seems pretty user friendly with a POS module and the main computer to track your business activities. Any one else know of an easier better system for a club? Thank you, Bob

5. capnrico

capnrico TS Member

If you do not need to run Payroll or Inventory, get Quicken for Business. Lots cheaper and easier to work. I run our club on it.

I run my business on Quickbooks Pro. They have to upgrade & update all the time on Quickbooks Pro which cost extra money every year. A necessary evil.

Both are made by Intuit. I've been running thier products since Quicken II before Quickbooks. I really miss Quickbooks II for DOS.It was fast and super easy.

Not any more.

6. Bob Hawkes

Thank you Capnrico. Yes, we have payroll and inventory and the upgrades have to be done.

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

quickbooks = easy!!

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.