1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick release hose connection for a MEC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kraiza, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a MEC9000HN and I want to put a quick release hose connection on it. So it would be a little easier to switch for the 12ga to the 20ga.
    Will a standard 1/4" air quick release work like what on a air line. Or do I need a hydraulic fitting.
    John

2. Fox32

Fox32 Member

John,

That is eaxactly what I use and works great! Be sure and use tape on the threads so it does not leak!

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Doesn't the fluid leak out of the fitting. The hydraulic fitting has a spring loaded ball bearing to stop the flow, of which the air fitting does not. I suppose you are good as long as you hold the disconnect high.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Some high end air couplers are just like hydraulic couplers. That said, the hydraulic couplers are made for hydraulic fluid applications while air hose couplers are made for air applications. I wouldn't use anything but the right tool for the right job. Of course that is my opinion and you know how that song goes.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There is no high hydraulic pressure, use the air chucks.

They have "O" ring seals.

GB
    DLS

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I used one from a myers snow plow, also if you have a friend at the local bus company and they have orian buses,, fuel line couplers from them work,but then i have about 3000 of them at work so price was right

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Thanks guys. I went to my local land scraper and power equipment guy. They had what I needed. It was for a small plow. $16 and I'm good to go.

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

For future reference an air chuck will work, but you have to have the coupler on the hose side not the ram side. For some reason the restriction doesn't allow the fluid to leave the cylinder fast enough thus causing a very slow return.

Bryan

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

MEC pump is putting out around 800 psi. I have pnumatic quick disconnects on both my 9000 presses for 13 years now, no leaks. The hydraulic quick disconnects on my John Deere are bigger and not interchangable with pnumatic fittings. The safety factor on these air disconnects is higher then MEC pressures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.