1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions on Remington Model 32

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigBadBob, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Friend of mine has a chance to pick up a Remington Model 32 shotgun.

I did a little research and found out they were introduced in 1933 and discontinued in 1944. There were several grades available.

Is anyone still shooting 60+ year old guns?

Are parts still available?

I honestly had not heard of the Model 32. It makes sense that it was the predecessor of the 3200 which they discontinued in 1973.

He has a chance to pick this gun up for about $1000. He says it is in great shape. I mentioned that the gun is over 60 years old and he should maybe find something a little newer. ( The gun would be for his 11 year-old son that currently shoots an 1100 Classic Trap which he posted his best scores ever at the SCTP Nationals last week)

Thoughts would be appreciated.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Number 42 on Field & Stream's list of the "50 Best Guns Ever Made".

http://www.fieldandstream.com/50-best-guns-ever-made-gun-reviews-in-photos?photo=41

More info here:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=290254

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Don't confuse the model 32 with the 3200. Nothing in common but a slight look alike.

I've had mine, #2425, (32S) for about 30yrs.

Good doubles gun.

Del Greco from Ilion, N.Y. has parts or restoration services.

Very good design and Krieghoff still seems to think so.

Regards....Gerald

4. buster45

buster45 Active Member

We have serial number 1704 engraved and gold enlayed the guns where actually made from 1932 to 1951 there were approx. 5000 made. They are actually the predessor to the model 32 kreighoff. Very good guns we have shot ours a lot. As was mentioned Del Greico is the man for all parts and service.
    $1000.00 is a very good price depending on a couple of things,if you decide against the purchase let me know.

Buster

5. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I have a model 32 made in 1932 with IMP CYL, and MOD. choked barrels in 26in barrels.

It has what I would call skeet wood, and that is what Roy Knight of Indiana said it was.

My gun still has the hang tag which introduces the 32 as a new gun from Remington.

Mine has been shot very little, and still looks pretty much like new.

Beautiful guns!!

Danny

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Big Bad - Buster's got the best info. Remington ceased making them during WWII and Kreighoff got the authority to build the them after the war. Very early K-32s were assembled with Remington parts. Lots and lots of both guns still in the games.....breakemall

7. gordy h

gordy h Member

I have a 32 TC choked F/F love it no problems, Grab it for $1000 good deal in my book. Butch H

8. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

I looked the gun up on Remington website and the years BBB stated is what I saw, 1933-1944. Doesn't matter, really.

Personally, I think I would be hardpressed to spend a grand on a 60+ year old shotgun and hand it to a 10 or 11 year old as an everyday gun.

What's wrong with his 1100?

I was always told,"Dance with the one you brung."

9. johnpe

johnpe Member

Grab the gun! I have four of them and shoot them a lot. I've shot them so much that occasionally I have to send one to Del Grego or another good smith for a little work. The worse that has happened is the replacement of a cocking rod after maybe 150-200,000 shells and refitting the humps on the sides of the barrels to mate with the sliding cover. They do wear over time. I've had two of them done. I've just gotten the second one back from this repair. The gun had probably seen something like 75,000 shells over the last 39 years. I have one whose serial number is quite a bit higher than the 5000 mentioned above. In 1962 I bought a set of skeet barrels from a gunsmith that told me he had purchased the last two M32's in Remington's warehouse and the serial numbers of both were over 6000. Frankly, I think that is a little high and have always questioned it because I've never seen one higher than one I have.

Johnpe

10. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

Rmington website states Model 32 introduced 1932. Discontinued 1944. Serial Number blocks approximately 1,000- 6100.

11. johnpe

johnpe Member

I've seen three or four low serial numbers on M32's. The lowest was in the thirties, one was 250 with double triggers, and I'm not sure about the others. I suspect there will be others that will report their experience.

Johnpe

12. magic

magic Member

I've seen serial number 113 and talked to someone that owns 8888 (an F grade). I personally own serial number J, a prototype

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington model 32

remington model 32 parts

remington model 32 serial number 1672

remington model 32 serial numbers

remington model 32 shotgun history serial number
remington model 32 tc