1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions on 1972 BT99 just bought

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Just picked up a 1972 BT99 in excellent shape. Questions are: did all of them have "Special" on the barrel and what was the normal LOP for a gun this old? It's a fixed full with 34" barrels with high polish bluing.

Thanks

Bob

2. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I have a 1972 BT99 that has "special" on the barrel also. I had a spacer and new recoil pad installed because the old Browning pad was so hard also I'm 6' 5" and needed more LOP. I believe that the LOP prior to installing the new pad and spacer was 14 3/8.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I believe the "special" means special steel. The standard LOP if I can remember was 14 3/8". Let me know if you ever sell it. Shot my first 25 with this exact gun. Same year, barrel, etc. Jon

4. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Stl Flyn (Jon),

I shot it for the first time today and it hit everything I shot at. Very tight, ejectors throw the shells ten feet. Somebody cut the buttstock or replaced it and with a very old pad the LOP only is about 13.75".

I will keep you in mind. I probably will sell it. I'm looking for another TM1.

Bob

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

BOB,

Why sell it, if you shot that good?

I would like an all original gun, even though it sounds pretty nice.
    I just wish people would not cut the original stocks. I have been through this before. LOP on my KS-5 is 14 5/8". Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.