1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions for K80 Experts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rlb, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlb

rlb TS Member

I'm starting to look for a K80. Currently I have come across an older one, (serial # 208xx)with standard engraving, which I think was manufactured in 1989 (has W Germany instead of Germany engraved on the bottom of the receiver.) It has Trap Special combo barrels and upgraded wood on it, obviously not the originals to the receiver and fore-end iron.

What would be a fair offer for this gun?

Would you even consider buying this gun?

What do I need to look out for in buying a gun like this one?

Would I be better off in the long run (ie. if and when I decide to sell it later on.) buying a new combo or used, with matching numbers?

Thank you for your opinion,

Roger

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It has trap combo O/U and single barrel on it?

Gene

3. rlb

rlb TS Member

It has the Special Trap Unsingle and Special Trap O/U barrels.

4. tj303

tj303 Member

The last price for a used K80 Trap Special combo I saw on here was $12,000. Only you know what it is worth to you to have a new or used 'original' Trap Special. If you don't buy it let us know what the asking price is and where. Enquiring minds want to know. TJ

5. g7777777

If the stock is high enough I would say you are looking in the 8-9.5 thousand dollar range

6. g7777777

putting a serial number on a barrel means nothing- some barrels have been renumbered several times -

Krieghoff will still number a barrel if you want

At no time was the barrel made "with" the gun -- although sets were sold with the same serial number-- barrels and receivers have always been "assembled" just as they are today- a receiver is matched with a barrel from the barrel rack and the wood is also selected from the wood rack

regards

Gene

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

I do not know what some of you are smoking, but my K80 T.S. is only 3 months old and the SN starts with 07. It was made this year. I bought gun brand new, still in all origional packing.

All SN numbers, on both barrels, iron and the receiver, match.

Way too much "I think some guy might have told me" third and forth hand bad info on TS.com. Passed off as fact.

My 2 cents: buy new. Make it fit you. That is opinion.

8. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

My 2007 K-80 Has different numbers on the barrel and reciever,Dan

9. rlb

rlb TS Member

Thanks to everyone for their input.

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

My Trap Special bought this last summer new does not have matching numbers for any of the 3 peices, (top single, O/U or receiver). I was a bit concered until I read this thread.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gary Stallard - Where did you buy your K-Gun with mismatched serial numbers? Did the dealer know you shoot a lot in West Virginia and live in the backwoods?
    I will shoot the SC Hall of Fame next weekend and will not get to shoot with you, Tubby and Jim at Bluefield.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.