1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about selling on this website?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Perazzi-Mx8, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

0   0   0

Hi, I am going to be selling my first item on this website and was wondering how others have gone through with the transfer of money and items?

Thanks,

Travis

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

lots. nothing to it.If you have the item, you have control.

3. doberman37

doberman37 Member

0   0   0

Have a cashiers check in your hand for the full amount plus shipping before you ship what you have.

4. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

0   0   0

If you get a cashier's check call the bank it is drawn on to make sure it is good before you ship the gun.
    USPS Money Orders are the best way to do business.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear X

Many banks will not disclose to another bank the status of a certified check. BOA comes to mind. A Postal Money Order is the way to go, or a bank draft for larger items. If the Post Office does not have enough money to cash a MO, they will verify it for you.

I frequently sell stuff on this site. Little items, such as Gun Lube, or loading accessories I no longer need, are shipped as soon as I get an address, and I welcome a personal check to be sent at the buyer's convenience. When things get above around $250, I wait for certified funds to arrive.

Make sure you obey federal law concerning firearms.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you sell on here to a known poster, no prob. Just ask about the buyer on here and you will find out fast. If I know the buyer or people on here I know do, I send the item normally before I even get the funds. I have bought and sold a lot with 100% success

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

I've never been burned on this site. I've had many people ship an item before they have payment in hand. For a high dollar item, I'd want funds in hand, unless I know who I'm dealing with.

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I agree with cubancigar2000. Numerous times I have purchased items and sold items without the need to wait for funds. Naturally, if there is a large sum of money involved, a person would want to be assured that the funds have been received. Ed

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Great people to do buisness with here. I have not had one issue with the people here. I felt totally secure selling here. I have learned from some of the sellers here that prompt communication and a whole lot of trust are the key.---Matt

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Most of the problems I have seen with internet sales is the lack of communication between buyers and sellers. This site is no exception. Make sure you and the buyer can keep in touch with one another. I've never had a problem buying on this site.

Wayne

11. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

0   0   0

All good advice above! make sure to make PHONE contact and discuss the sale. Verify the address and home Tel number....

12. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

0   0   0

I have bought and sold here with 100% success. Everyone I dealt with communicated well and was a pleasure to do business with.

It is my experience that there are very good people on this site.

I have always used postal money orders,again 0 problems.

Joe

13. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The only problem with USPS money orders is a $1k limit last I looked. Use em all the time.

I have had no problems of any kind with the people here from either end of a deal.

Charlie

14. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

This is the best site to buy and sell stuff on I have seen. There is a self imposed ethics code here that seems to work pretty well. If you screw somebody you get completely ostracized by the community. If you shoot trap this can come back to bite your ass.

Honest people will normally do the right thing unless communication becomes the issue. Don't let it! Talk to people. Don't expect that anything is cut and dried. Discuss all details outright, and this includes both sides of the deal. if it isn't stated it may not be true. As long as everybody understands what everybody is supposed to do, NO PROBLEMS.

I personally have bought several items off this site, never a problem!!!

USPS MO's are the best way to pay for anything. Checks of any kind can have problems. USPS MO's are as good as gold. Note:I said USPS Money Orders !!!

Fly by night MO's are no better than a cashiers check on an unknown bank.

MY.02

Randy

15. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

0   0   0

Communicate frequently with buyers and sellers and expect a lot of tire kicking...

I don't expect email to work all the time so make sure you get good phone numbers before the deal.

TNCoach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.