1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

questions about Empire Grand in Cicero, NY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger stoddard, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Thinking about going to the Empire Grand Next spring, I have never been before. Can someone give me a link to some info about what it would be like. I have been to the ATA site but I want to know about the number of vendors, ease of parking, how close by you can get a motel room, etc. Are there gun company rep.s? Any opinions about the shoot? Thanks, Roger

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The 2011 program (see link above) will give you some of that information.

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Take your thermals.

blade819

4. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

not much in vendors-i was disapointed

kevin

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Pack your waders should it rain....

Curt

6. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Thanks everyone, I was picturing vendors like at the Grand American, almost. It doesn't sound like a place to go try new guns and then maybe return home with one. Just thought it might be easier than going to the real Grand which is a much longer trip for me now it has moved. Roger

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm not sure but perhaps you could go to the PA grand. I've never been but I thought they had some vendors.

8. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear RS,
    If you want competition, go to the Empire Grand. Most ATA shooters are skipping the smaller shoots and going to the well attended, larger shoots....if the weather is fair! This is a new century...and has a lot of economic problems that has effected everyone. If you want to try Guns and buy reloading supplies, go to the Pa. or Ohio State Shoots. The new vendor row buildings in Ohio (at Marengo) are truly "like the good old days" except the prices are much higher TODAY! I enjoy the people gathering at these larger shoots & the high level of competition......Respectfully submitted,............Ex-Jet Boat Bill.... Life member ATA.... and Yes....Sparta is a long ways to travel for us East Coast Shooters

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Ohio State.

blade819

10. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Hey Roger,

Come to the Empire Grand, we would love to have you in Cicero, NY. While we do not have a big vendor row, we do throw some pretty decent targets and have some good quality competition. Plenty of hotels and places to eat close to the shoot.

Oh and I usually have goose jerky to share with my new friends.

If you are looking for gun vendors then attend the PA or OH State shoot. They have a good selection of vendors and reasonable prices.

Dr. Honk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.