1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about buying a used Silver Seitz ??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bigben, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigben

bigben Active Member

0   0   0

DB, congrats on selecting to get a Silver Seitz, first and foremost make sure to get one that impacts at least 6 in. higher than your existing guns, K-guns, P-guns etc. more on Ljutics and Brownings due to the speed of the trigger and the dynamics of the gun, as far as finishes go, silver or Gold it doesn't matter as the finishes are almost indestructable, I have never seen another gun that can be shot well over 100,000 and have no signs of finish wear, my advise is to try both the 34 and 35in. barrel lengths to ascertain your preference, the barrel rib height will determine your impacts but should you want an adjustable barrel, they can be fitted to any Silver Seitz, the trigger is adjustable and given the speed, I find that for ME, the most comfortable is set around 5 pounds and feels like a 4 pound trigger in my P-guns and K-guns. the gun is indeed a thoughobred for moving to the target and would only be riveled by a Bowen. Seitz guns are quite popular in the All-American ranks as well, I think around 30 or so for the men's Ladies and younger shooters. Pat McCarthy at Dawson Enterprises can also set you up with his Stock Lock stock that when coupled with one of his Seitz is dynamite! ejoy your journey of excellence! incinerate em!

2. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

0   0   0

I bought a used Silver Seitz (#007) from a TS poster. I believe I am the 4th owner. I was a little concerned about its age, but the seller had recently had the gun and stock refurbished / refinished. When it arrived, I was expecting a gun in excellent condition. I was blown away when I unwrapped it. Cosmetically, it was absolutely as new - not a mark on it anywhere. Mechanically, it was as crisp (trigger) and tight as new. The only thing it needed was a pull trigger, which Rich Phillips gladly changed out for me. The barrel is a 34" fixed choke, ported, low fixed rib barrrel. And, like all of these guns, when I do my part, it does its part. Frankly, I wish I had bought a Silver Seitz before trying a lot of other fine guns.

I have no specific tips for you in looking for a used one. I'm sure if you called Rich Phillips you could ask him what he thinks you should look for. Based on what I've read, it's awfully hard to wear one of these out. And even if you got one that had been shot a lot, Rich could have it acting and looking like new.

There have been a few for sale here recently at good prices. arliemark's gun looks very nice. If I thought I needed a spare, I might buy it. But I can't frankly see my Silver Seitz breaking.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

0   0   0

Contact Dave and Doug Wolk @ Shotgun Specialties.
    513-887-0290 or 800-344-7468. They will not steer you wrong and have a nice selection of new and used ones!

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is no such thing as a worn out Seitz, wearing out a Seitz is like trying to wear out an ANVIL.......... if you like the looks Buy it

5. Bob Farne

Bob Farne Member

0   0   0

Mike, in your response above I noticed you didn't include the Alfermann with the Bowen, Cole, Mach One. I surely hope it is in the same rarified company. Bob

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Heck, I've seen Model 12 Winchesters with over 100,000 rounds that looked like new guns too.

No biggie!

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can you wear out a silver seitz shotgun
silver seitz 007
used silver seitz

used silver seitz for sale

used stocks for silver seitz
will a silver seitz stock work on a bowen