1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about BT 99 Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tydaws, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

I have traded for a BT 99 Plus and am waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering if anyone makes an adjustable, up and down, butt pad that is made to fit the factory BT 99 Plus butt pad apparatus. I have also read some information stating that the Browning factory adjustable comb hardware is a poor design and tends to work loose. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and if that will be the case with my BT 99 plus or if that problem is limited to the new production BTs. Thank you.
    Ty

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

BT 99 Plus Adj Butt Pad

#1- A Jones adjuster is the best..bolts in between the pad and the recoil plate...around 65 bux I think

#2 BS...a little Loctite will keep everything solid until hell freezes over

3. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

Does Jones make it to fit the BT 99 Plus or is fitting required?

4. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

I am not really concerned with the factory recoil reducer. I would like some vertical adjustment with the recoil pad.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

About the COMB hardware: It is an incredible piece of engineering which was destroyed because Browning decided to save 25 cents per unit and use a too small diameter bolt to hold it all together. Crank that fragile bolt a touch too hard and now you have a self-adjusting comb that goes where it wants and changes every time you pull the trigger. It's really a shame because if you study the engineering of it, it is a beautiful creation.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I want to say Timney made a pre-fit pad adjuster for the "plus" guns. They didn't make many of them and I've not seen one on a gun in quite some time. It was a simple add-on to the exsisting hardware and you even used the same recoil pad.

ss

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ty,

Believe it or not this googles up as Steve Jones' website. It looks like a phonecall is the safest method of contact. Be patient, the Plus pad adjuster is well made and well worth the money. You may have to leave a voicemail, but when you get the unit installed, you'll be glad you did. Not sure whether he advertises in Trap&Field anymore since I don't subscribe. Jones' adjuster is simple to install (it's made specifically for the Plus guns), very well made(steel threads) and doesn't add much to the length of pull (easily remedied by the factory adjustment). Once you get used to that rib, you're going to have a lot of fun with that gun. Good luck.

8. CalvinMD

the Jones gives you up, down, side to side and 40 degrees twist each way

9. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

Hey. Go to 100straight.com and click on products, tell me if this is the jones stock adjuster that you are talking about. It doesn't say anything about a model specifically for the 99 plus but I can give them a call. I thank you guys for the input.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

That's what it looks like, but I would make sure that you get the one for the Plus, it will mean a relatively painless installation. Jones used to make a "standard model" ("universal") too, so be sure you get the Plus one. 100 Straight should know what you mean or can surely hook you up with Steve Jones.

11. wproct

wproct Member

Brownell's lists the Jones adapter in their catalog and on their website.

12. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

Found the Jones adjuster for the 99 plus on brownells, about $65, not bad. Thank you guys for the help. Next question, I am going to replace the recoil pad as well. Any suggestions on recoil pads?

13. CalvinMD

since recoil is not a problem...do you need extra length?...or shorter than the BT can be adjusted?...now is the time to compensate...remember the Jones is going to add some length
    Kickeez gives you the best assortment of styles and thicknesses

14. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

No. It has nothing to do with length. The old style red with white line recoil pad is on the gun. It has some minor cracking, but on top of that I'm just not that crazy about the looks of it.

15. CalvinMD

Pachmeier makes an very nice nearly identical one of much softer material

16. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Tydaws,

I think Kickeez is your best bet for a pad.Plenty of styles and thickness's.

Sandy Holehouse

17. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

I looked at the kickeez and I really like the trap style that is concave. I think I will try it out. Thank you guys.
    Ty

18. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Ty,

I put that excact one on my Wife's 682X and it's great!!!!!!!!

Sandy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jones pad adjuster bt-99 plus