1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about being in the lead off position?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:

Let's say your squad's lead off man or woman ask to see a target before the event starts. If this person does not like the way the targets are set, can he or she have the targets reset even if the rest of the squad does not want them changed?

I always thought you needed to ask the rest of the squad. Shouldn't it be up to management to make the decision for the need to reset targets?

A shooter at the club was on a squad recently out of state and said everyone on the squad wanted the targets to be left alone, and the lead off man still asked management to change them as he felt the targets were not right.

Management said the targets were fine and did not change them. Does a lead off man have this authority to make this request despite the rest of the squads objections?
    Steve Balistreri

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Steve...... I have shot lead-off for more than 35 years, and prefer this post to all others. While there have been several instances that I, personally, thought the targets needed to be reset, I ALWAYS ask the rest of the squad their thoughts, and go along with whatever the majority wants. As a squad leader, I try to help set the flow and tempo of the squad, not dictate to them, nor ignore their preferences.... Just my thoughts... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The answer to question is yes the squad leader or any member of the squad can request a reset.

"7 Should a trap be throwing targets that, although not necessarily
    illegal, appreciably vary from trap to trap, any shooter may request
    that management reset the trap even though prior squads have shot.
    The final decision as to whether or not a trap is to be reset will be
    made only by shoot management."

That quote is from the rulebook.

Bob Lawless

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

By rule, any shooter may request. Mgmt will determine if the targets are legal. Just voice your opinion.

7. Should a trap be throwing targets that, although not necessarily illegal, appreciably vary from trap to trap, any shooter may request that management reset the trap even though prior squads have shot. The final decision as to whether or not a trap is to be reset will be made only by shoot management

Dammit Bob....

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have been shooting for the past 42 years and I have always had squad leaders as well as myself ask the squad if the targets were alright?

I have never had anyone on a squad, especially a squad leader ask management to reset the targets after everyone on the squad said they were fine. All this did was slow up shooting for this particular squad and the shooters who followed them.

The squad leader in this particular situation wanted higher targets, even though the targets that were set were legal. You can not have targets set a certain way that you may like them. If the targets were legal, their legal, if not, management would have reset them.

In my neck of the woods we have a shooter that "ALWAYS" complains about the targets. One day management had enough, and suggested he shoot elsewhere.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.