1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about a citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by az outlaw, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

OK, Here goes, I have a 1978 long tanged trigger gaurd Citori trap combo that the stock cracked on. I have been searching for a stock and found a few at reasonable prices, BUT........ I also found a guy that has a Citori PLUS stock for the long tanged trigger gaurd. I called Browning and the girl I spoke with said she didn't "THINK" it would interchange. I also spoke to Wenig and they "BELIEVE" it will interchange. Has anyone made this change or tried it and found it would not interchange? Any help would be greatly appreciated since the plus stocks have the adj. combs and reducers already installed.

Thank You in advance,

Mark

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think it will as well. The Plus gun was nothing more than a regular Citori with the recoil system and different rib. I believe as long as they are both long tang they will work. No, i have never tried the swap though. Will the guy not let you just try it. Its not a big deal to fit it on and see.---Matt

3. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

im sure he would but he is back east and im in Arizona. I have been trying to find someone with the plus gun at our club to try it before i bought the one back east.

Thanks,

Mark

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I had a plus gun and wanted a regular stock, so I called the factory and spoke with a guy who worked on the stocks. He told me they would interchange. I got a chance to sell the gun and did so, before I changed the stock.

JON

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There is a significant difference in rib height between the 2 guns.

The Plus stock might not go low enough to get a sight picture on a standard barrel.

I would do some critical measuring before going blindly into a situation that could leave me stuck with a stock I can't use.

HM

6. grntitan

HM--Thats not saying it wouldn't fit in the literal sense though-----Matt

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. I would just melt down if I bought a stock and found I couldn't get it low enough without carving, grinding, etc.

HM

8. grntitan

Agree'd

9. vatrap

vatrap Member

Mark,

I have a Plus and the standard long tang stock will fit, I have one for a spare however both of mine are type three stocks. I turned my Plus into a combo by fitting a Citori top single barrel to it. Comb height was not an issue for me, there is about a 3/8" gap between the stock and comb on mine. Below is the link from the Midwest Gunworks site and how to tell the difference in the various models. Plus models are type three and if yours is a 1978 model, it's a type two. It may fit your gun, but no guarantee.
    If you can find somebody with a Citori PFS stock, see if the grip will fit yours, they are probably easier to find than somebody with a Plus gun. They will not have the cutout in the stock for the tang since the current models don't have one, if it mates up to the receiver then you are in luck.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/ctgy/c-015-6

Mike

10. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Thanks everyone for all the info. it has been a great help, this is a great site to gather the info you need for situations like this. THANKS again!!!!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.