1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ragman, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragman

ragman TS Member

While holding a high gun do the top shooters look over the gun or under it at the edge of the trap house

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

For two-eyed shooters holding a high gun, Kay Ohye teaches to look under the gun in the center of the area where the target will be first seen.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I found that with a light barrel it was better to hold on the top edge of the trap house, and with a heavy barrel, well above the trap house. This was due to how fast the barrel could be put into motion.

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I was told to look out over the barrel at a pre determined object, or landmark and pick up the target with my peripheral vision (two eyed). This allows you to move horizontal to the identified target path,when the target clears the top of the barrel push the gun to the target. Seemed to work for him, and has helped me. J.W.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

If so inclined to use this method (your discression at how high) it is advisable to look under the barrel. More critical as one backs up in handicap.

The better advice is not to hold a high gun!

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

"The better advice is not to hold a high gun!" ???? I don/t agree at all. Lot's of us hold high guns as well as a lot of big dogs on the circuit

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

What ever works for you, use it.

Hauxfan!

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No matter where you start the gun, you should always be looking for the bird coming out of the house. For me the high gun works best on singles when there is a little wind to my back. For HC and doubles, starting the gun well into the house works better (for me). Everyone is different and only you can decide what works best for you.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click on my above URL and download the SHOOTING HOLDS POSITIONS for 2-eyed shooters.

Whiz

10. IM390

IM390 Member

If you look at the house with a high point, the bird will blur your vision and you will take too long to focus your eye sight. Look down the barrel on a high mount and watch for the bird as it passes by.