1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

When I arrived home Saturday after a fun day shooting trap, my wife informed that she plans to leave right after the first of the year because she is tired of my hobby interfering with our time together. She also says that the money I spend shooting trap could be much better spent on a new jacuzzi for the backyard, our attending self-awareness sessions together at Esalon in the Big Sur California area, trips to the Napa Valley for wine tasting, and for payments on a new Prius after I sell my trusty hunting/traprange four x four Chevy Duramax. I was a bit shocked; when she told me this, I dropped my shooting bag. When I opened that bag, I discovered that I'd lost one of my custom molded earplugs. My question to fellow trapshooters is this: Do you think it will be too difficult to find a custom earplug maker at trapshoots during this holiday season? I realize it is a busy time of year. Happy Holidays to all, and I am sure my wife will calm down if I back off on my shooting by about 10$.

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

To hell with the earplugs! Whatayou....crazy! Buy her a Bus ticket for christmas!

3. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I'll give her a ride, then we can go shooting !!! LOL you'll miss her- for awhile. LOL

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You need ear plugs more than a wife.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Time for the Mod to take out more trash. (sigh)

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

This thread hits me in a spot where I feel compelled to respond. Very little, if anything, on this site is ever dedicated to our wives, girlfriends, etc. that is positive, regarding just how much they have to endure being related to a trapshooter. Well, I would like to add something positive here. I have been blessed with a wife that allows me the liberty to shoot and travel as much as I need to to satisfy my obsessive compulsion for this sport. I have attended state shoots over our anniversary, the Grand over her birthday, and countless other events that I have missed due to a shoot somewhere. I have spent a lot more time and money pursuing this sport than she ever has doing anything in our marriage. She works as hard, or harder than I do, and makes a very good wage. She has, for the most part, done so graciously, with only the occasional complaining when it just got to be too much for her to handle. Well, I have to admit, as I get older, and wiser, I realize that time is running out for both of us and that what time we have left together needs to be spent together as much as possible. While trapshooting has been my life for many years, my wife is much more impotant to me than the sport. I cannot, and will not, make light of how it can effect a relationship if we let it. I don't mean to get weepy here, and please humor me if I do. I now try to spend as much time with her as I can and still be able to enjoy trapshooting. It's surprising to me to find out that by letting her know I want to spend more time with her than I have in the past, she is more open to my going to a shoot than before. In fact, she has taken to even going with me to a few shoots just so we can be together while I shoot. She is really the best friend I have ever had, and she continues to let me know that every day by the way she treats me. I think maybe, just maybe, I have learned a thing or two from her and now I can share with her what I've learned....Thanks for letting me have the space here to speak my piece....Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Chango I did not get to read you comment

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

There's plenty of fish in the sea but your hearing needs to last a life time!!!!

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Dear Trap 2 (Dan),

Sometimes I post stuff here designed to "stir the pot" if you will; shows that trapshooters are proud and quick witted. I was just goofing off on the spur of the moment; but my wife does feel that she is afraid of being a trap widow. One of her in laws (deceased) is in the Hall of Fame for California Trapshooting, and her mother told her to be careful that I don't make her a "trapwidow". I do so like your comments. One also feels that there must be balance in what we do, some things done together, some not. So I get to shoot once a week which I think is fair enough. And never enough to be "serious", just enough to have fun.

Happy Holidays

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ahab, in another thread I said that I must have offended you, but (that) you are insightful and that I don't know who Phil Ross is. Therefore, I owe you a drink to smooth things over. I'm new to trap shooting.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Chango2.... I know your post was in good humor, and, for the most part, I too, was once guilty for making these kinds of remarks. Please understand it just hit me wrong and I couldn't help responding as it's something I feel very deeply about. There is, indeed, balance for both. It's up to each of us to have the wisdom to determine what that balance is. I was explaining that I, for one, was guilty of not finding the balance in the past due to my obsession with trapshooting. It sounds to me like you have a good grasp on what, and where you are going and your understanding of the situation is admirable ....Happy Holidays to you too, and never quit having fun......Dan

12. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

My wife is as enthusiastic about shooting as I am, so there's no hassle about time spent or cost. LOL!

13. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

My first wife took a step back when I gave her a gift certificate for a local moving company,for her birthday....Nuc