1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Question" will a MX8 stock fit a Mirage receiver?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by msmith, Aug 29, 2013.

1. msmith

msmith Member

A Mirage is a MX8.

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

an MX-8 is a Mirage receiver, DB-81, etc...

Simple answer - stock dimensions for a flat rib MX-8 is the same as for a flat rib Mirage.. after that the comb height will vary per the raised rib dimension.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Brian, They are the same gun. People who think they're not interchangeable maybe because the receiver and stock were from different era. It has nothing to do with models.

The newer stock has additional 1/8" deep inlay at the top right inside. I did the modification many times, it's a 15 minutes job.

Other than that, they are interchangeable with any detachable trigger O/U models.

4. Gatorshoes

Gatorshoes TS Member

Steve

Will a newer MX stock fit an old Ithaca MX receiver without modification ?

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, newer stock will go on older receiver.

Only old stock needs modification to go on newer receiver.

I have a picture in my computer file showing the differences, I'll find it and post it tomorrow. My wife is in an international ballroom dance competition this weekend, LOTS of beautiful women from all over the world are here, I'm kind of busy right now. Bear with me. :)

6. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

The T1/2 receivers have the lever release on the left side of the action - mirror opposite of the T4. T3 and T4 stocks both would have to be cut to fit a T1/2 receiver. IIRC "Ithacas" fall in the T2 range but I could be wrong on that.

All you have to do is look for the lever release button - right side (9 o'clock) T4 / top center (12 o'c) T3 / left side (3 o'clock) T1 and T2

clocks are looking at the breech face