1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question...Using a PFS stock on MX2000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

The large pin (#128) which retains the firing pins, top lever, and locking bolt catch mechanism is prevented from moving side to side by the stock. If this pin is allowed to move to the left too far then the locking bolt catch mechanism can come off the pin.

My question is this....does the PFS stock, when you order it new, fit so as to retain this pin as well as the factory wood stock does?

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

TB

I am going to Perazzi in Asuza, CA this Thursday to see Lucio.

I have a MX3 Special with a PFS grip, and the locking bolt catch mechanism did come off the pin.

Email me and I will let you know what I found out.

Dave

3. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Thank you dave-320c for your response. I just want to find out as much as I can about how well the PFS fits onto the perazzi receiver before I buy one. As I mentioned above, pin movement in a Perazzi, due to an ill fitting stock is a bad thing. Also I wonder if there is any inletting required or does it just bolt on with a perfect fit?.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have owned at least 4 different PFS units for Perazzi. They have been put on MX8, MX10, and MX15. Never had any problems.

5. Mike W

Mike W Member

When I installed PFS stocks on my Perazzi's Dan at Giacomos's replaced the pin with a longer one to avoid the problem you mention.

Mike W

6. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you notice the pin moving, epoxy a thin piece of wood to the inside of the PFS grip. Problem solved. This fix may also apply to aftermarket buttstocks also.

Don

7. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Don said: "If you notice the pin moving, epoxy a thin piece of wood to the inside of the PFS grip."

Thanks Don, good advice. I guess that I could pop the grip off occasionally and look to see if there is any pin movement.

I did get a PM from one person who said he could get the PFS to work great on one of his Perazzi's but not on the other.

Now my other question was is their any inletting required when you bolt on a new PFS stock onto a MX drop trigger style gun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.