1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Question To The Horse People On TS.com.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

If I put a Trap field on my place where the broken targets and wad's fall within the area of horses can there or will there be a health problem for the horses? Will they eat any of the wads and or broken targets? Just asking.
  2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm not a horse person but I'd be concerned about what substances and contaminants might be inside the targets and what it could do to horses grazing there. And what about the lead? Sounds like a really bad idea all the way around. Just my opinion.

-Gary
  3. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

We throw targets and shoot out over the pasture all the time and have for 15 years, the horses are still out there eating and crappen. They are like a couple of kids, we start shooting and they come running to see what is going on.
  4. ctreay

ctreay Member

Well, every year on Memorial Day our Legion Post fires over a couple of cemetetrys where there are horses grazing in a pasture near it. They do NOT come over to see what we are doing, thier tails are up and they are heading for the far corner.

ctreay
  5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

They wont eat the wads or targets. They are smarter than we are
  6. porky

porky TS Member

The warning on the label of the boxes that the clay targets come in advises against having swine eating, or rooting as it's called, in areas that the clay targets have fallen onto. The idea is that the pigs will ingest the chemicals used in the pitch for the clay targets and it will apparently remain in the muscle of the swine. People cannot eat the meat from the swine that are affected. Unless you plan to eat the horses, it's not going to hurt to have them graze where birds and wads have been on the ground.
  7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

RE: warning on the label of the boxes that the clay targets

Is that still on the boxes? Don't remember seeing it the last few years.
  8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

9. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I saw on you tube where a horse or cow ate a pigeon that was in the barn with it.
  10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Horses will use their teeth as weopons, like they BITE. I really doubt however that a horse would EAT, like actually swallow something like a pigeon?

John C. Saubak
  11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

your horses will be fine. been there done that.
  13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Curvy would know!!! P.S. Heading to Chincoteague Va to hang out with the wild ponies on Assateague Isl. One of my favorite places on earth...the mosquitos love it too
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.