1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question - Sub gauge release trigger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Just wondering if anyone installs release triggers into 20/28/410 guns. I have started shooting some sub gauge sporting shoots and would like to buy a small gauge set, but will need a release trigger for it. Anyone know if someone installs them in the SKB TSS small guns? Or Remington 1100's? I appreciate your input. William

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I used to shoot the small gauge 1100's for skeet many years ago, and I think the sporting clay guns are excellent. Spears will make release triggers
    for them.

3. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Thanks for your information.....

William

4. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Pat,

Thanks for the information.

William

5. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Well, William, I have double releases in all of my guns. Spears has installed several for me in the smaller gauges (Browning O/U). Excellent job. I even hunt preserve birds with a double release 28 gauge. It almost guarantees that no one will get to close to me, ha, ha. I even flinch shooting my bow.

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Bubba, your winning HOA at the World Shoot in 28 ga with the Chambermates tells me you don't need any SKBs! Couple that with Master Third in 20 ga convinces me even more....Widdas

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I have a Timney release in a 28 ga 1100 and it is really sweet. Pop the release out and put the pull in for my grandson.

Don

8. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

That is an easy question to answer. I shoot a release better than a pull trigger. I find it easier to break targets with a release trigger. I don't have a flinch problem. And I am not a trap shooter (registered), I do shoot trap for fun. I am a sporting clay shooter (NSCA 508337), current 15th in All American points, and on the Texas Open Team. I come to this web site because I find a lot of valuable information here and have done business with a lot of good people here.

William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.