1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question regarding option payout

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wentez, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wentez

Wentez Member

ATA does not sanction Calcutta's and has no rules on them. This was not an ATA shoot. The rules and payout are whatever the club decides. There are a lot of ways to cut up a Calcutta payout. Entirely possible that with ties the break points could have resulted in 2 payouts. If you are going to play money ask the person that figures the payout (cashier) how the payout is going to be figured. I don't play but when I did the winning score always was one bird more or one bird less that I shot. Geo

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Sounds right to me. 1 place per 10 shooters, if there were 30-39 shooters it should pay to 3 places.

Another thing to watch for or to ask is if the pay out is high gun or percentage. High gun ties combine and divide; percentage ties divided.

Example: pay out 3 places, 50%30%20, $100 total purse, scores 99,98,98,97.

High Gun: 99 gets $50; 2 98's divide $30+$20=$50/2=$25 each.

Percentage: 99 gets $50; 98's divide $30 or $15 each and 97 gets $20.

Jason

3. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

It would depend on how they do it.
    Having said that most commonly the practice is to add one more spot when you go over the major fraction. So in this case 6/10 is more than 50% and it would be 3 places. But, like I said it depends on how they do it. Check them out in the future to make sure they always "round down" and that this was not a one time deal. pk

4. motrap

motrap Member

It has been my experience that indeed, your information "one pay per 10 entries" and there being "26 entries"; would result in 2 places ........

Programs that would want 26 entries to result in 3 places would have stated " 0ne pay per 10 entries or part" .........

Again, just my experience

Rudy

P.S. Waverider also has a valid point ....... even if the program intended there to be 3 pays ...... his correct example shows why there could be one, two, or three scores involved in 3 pays .........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.