1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question regarding Beretta 391 Parallel Target

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hwcn, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwcn

hwcn Member

Is the Parallel Target 391 meant to be a flat (50/50) shooting gun with a more heads up shooting style or does it shoot higher like a trap gun. I understand that the gun has shims that can change the point of impact, but I am curious if it still has a higher POI than the sporting model assuming that your line of sight down the barrel stacks the beads.

Thanks!

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I find the parallel model to shoot about the same as a step rib 1100, in the 60/40 area. It shoots plenty flat enough for sporting and skeet, but still has a high enough POI for trap. I find that adding an adjustable comb picks up the POI a little bit for my preferred 70/30 POI. They are great guns!

ss

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The parallel target has a slightly stepped rib that tapers to the muzzle which gives a higher POI. The parallel stock is parallel, but not necessarily higher than a sporting clays stock - depending where on the sloped sporting stock your face makes contact. The trap stock also had a sloping stock, with a slight monte carlo. It has been discontinued, and replaced by the parallel target.
    If you stack the beads with a parallel target, it is generally still too low for trap - though fine for sporting clays or skeet. I have see a lot of rib on my parallel target to get it to shoot high enough. I use the 50-65 shims to do that.

4. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

If there is a "one gun fits all" for target shooting sports, its the Parallel Target 391. Great gun. Just get the best barrel length for your sport...28" skeet, 30" sporting and 32" for trap...30" works fine for trap also, at the shorter distances.

WNCRob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
391 beretta paraell target sporting or trap
391 parallel target
beretta 391 parallel

beretta 391 parallel target

beretta 391 parallel target for skeet and trap
beretta 391 parallel target for trap
beretta parallel target for skeet
beretta parallel target poi