1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question re Citori – one for Dr Gun!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikepacific60, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hi Dr Gun

You recently provided me some information about how to remove the top lever from my Citori – that advice was spot on, thanks.

I am now reassembling and having a devil of a time getting the top lever return spring back in…any tips on how to do this!

Cheer Mike

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

They can be a bugger, especially when installing a new spring.

There may be more ways, but the two that have worked for me are as follows....

1)Start the spring "keeper" and screw about two threads into the top lever.
    Slip the spring into the pocket. Then using a flat bladed screwdriver, "hook" the nearest spring coil to the end and compress the spring until it pops onto the keepers stud. Then tighten.

2) Install the spring into the spring pocket. Using a perfect fitting screwdriver and the keeper and screw assembled, place the bit into the screw slot. Now align the end of the screw to the hole in the top lever. Yes, it will not align perfectly, just get the end resting on the hole.

Using the screwdriver in the screw slot, you can now rock the keeper, while compressing the spring, until the screw is now perpendicular to the top lever shaft. At this point you should be able to turn the screw in. This is the way I do it.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.