1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Re. Charles Daly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Wish to know: I have a chance to buy an old Charles Daly Trap OU..it's a little bit old and moldy, wanted it for a project. Are these guns made by Miroku and basically just the same as a Browning Citori? Will the parts interchange? Any difference in quality? Price is great, gun is just an old shooter that I'm contemplating buying and "gunrodding" to make her into a trap doubles gun on the cheap.

Thanks.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

If miroku made it, it will say so on the barrels. They are very similar to a Citori, but they have mech. triggers, if I remember correctly. I had one with a MC stock and loved it.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If it's like the old type 1 Citoris, It'll have V-mainsprings, not coil. Not much of a big deal, new ones can be had.

The problem lies in having to replace a broken mainspring.....no easy chore. It's not something that can be done on the tailgate.

Doug Braker

4. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

I have a pair of Miroku Charles Daly Trap guns, an O/U and a single, and both are great. Browning parts will not interchange, but there is a greatgunsmithin Lake Havasu City, AZ that has a complete stock of parts for the Miroku Charles Daly's. Just had my springs replaced in my single and he did a fine job.

....Paul

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Doug, that's what I was tring to remember, the spring difference. Was I correct about the triggers?

6. William681

William681 Member

Chango2; Parts, exploded drawings, and lots of info here:
    http://www.wisnersinc.com/index.html
    Bill

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

The one I had had inertia triggers, I believe. Hate those things. It was also the tightest patterning trap gun I've ever had. Don't think I was ever good enough to live up to its potential. One of only a few I've sold and not missed. Nothing wrong with the gun, just one of the few times I'd admit a mistake. It was a Miroku.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Chango2- Your first post caught my attention when you said an "old Charles Daly". I have seen a few and would love to get one, but I don't want to pay the asking price of an old Daly Double. I believe the good Prussian Daly Doubles went out of production around 1940. They were very fine shotguns.

Pat Ireland

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The Miroku Dalys were copies of Brownings on the outside appearance only. The internal workings were unique to Daly. The hammer configuration and inter workings were the first of it's kind. They are now the standard for most guns and all Brownings.

Some had coil main springs on the later numbered guns. And three types of leaf main springs were used on the Daly guns mfg at different times during their life with Miroku. You need to go by serial # to get the spring you need.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

charles daly prussian hammer guns into plows

replacing charles daly v springs