1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question - RAD Setting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kriegfan, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriegfan

kriegfan TS Member

Wondering what others have found to be a good setting for normal 2 3/4 and 3 dram trap loads. I've experimented with all of the settings from 1.5 to about 7 and can't really determine which one is the best in terms of delivering the best performance.

Thanks in advance for any of your experiences.

kf

2. John E

John E Member

I would think it probably matters as to how sensitive to recoil a person is as to what works best for them. but with that being said. I finally setteled down arond 4.5 the unit seems to work well there for me. hope this helps. John

3. stockguy

stockguy Member

Stiffer is better than too light. "0" is the stiffest and "9" is the lightest. I start my customers off at "4" and encourage them to go stiffer from there. You want it diffuse the recoil energy completely within it's motion without bottoming out - or barely bottoming out. If you set it too light, it will bottom out too quickly and you'll get the rest of the recoil. This applies not only to RAD Systems but all hydraulic and spring operated systems.

I have my RAD set on my personal target gun at "2". Very comfortable, it rebounds quickly for doubles, and I can shoot all day.

Greg Hissem

4. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I have my RAD set at 3 and it works well for me.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.