1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on XT Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomr1, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomr1

tomr1 Member

I bought a XT Trap last year. Is it possible to buy an unsingle barrel for it or do you have to buy the combo in the beginning??

2. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

ur gonna have a very hard time finding one..
    if it's that important that u have an unsingle get another set of o/u barrels and call up money maker they will fix u up. but that can get expensive

3. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Many of us browning owners have been through this, I ended up with a KS-5 special and am glad I want this route. A dedicated singles/HCP gun does have the one advantage of not having to re-adjust it when switching between doubles and singles. Joe

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I tried to get an unsingle barrel from Browning XT, no soap. So I tried a top single, again, no soap. I ran into a Browning rep at a local Browning dealer and asked him why we couldn't get extra barrels like Beretta and others offer. The answer I got was the Citori shotguns were produced in a "Cottage" industry type setting in Japan. I was told a great amount of fitting whould have to be done. (Odd, I've had barrels off just about all my 12 ga Citori's and they all seem to interchange, and I have 7 12 ga. Citori's. All fit, pivot, the forends snap on, and they seem to lock up fine, but who am I. I will say that I have never interchanged a barrel to another reciever and fired it). It would seem to me that Browning is more interested in selling another gun than taking care of the shooters they have. I don't see what the problem would be in importing a handful of barrels in their next gun shipment ready for fitting. I do understand that if there is a problem with one of their sets of barrels they will fit and interchange, one for one, barrels. But again, who am I. That's what I've got out of it in my persuit. Hope this helps. Mike....

5. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

6. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

I would not personally want a single barrel "add-on" to my XT as in addition to the expense of fitting, the rib heights are not the same. That little factoid doesn't get much discussion so maybe it isn't a big deal.

K

7. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You could buy my Browning XT Undersingle and fit them together. $2,500.00

Rodney Erkson
    [​IMG]

8. seitz10

seitz10 Member

Do any of the citorie combo gun owners have any problem with single barrel unsingles shooting to the right or left of center. I just purchased a used citorie combo set and it seems the unsingle shoots to the left about 6-8 inches. Anyone else have this problem? roger

9. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

Hmmm, maybe that's why it was a used gun for sale.

Charlie

10. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I tried (very hard) to find an unsingle barrel for my Citori XT over a two year period. I finally gave up, sold the gun I had and bought an XT combo from Guns Unlimited. It was just impossible to find an unsingle barrel.

That said, I'm glad I did it. The XT unsingle barrel works extremity well, and it has the best rib adjustment mechanism I have ever encountered, bar none.

BTW, selling your XT O/U is not hard. There is quite a lot of demand for that gun, used.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.