1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on the Automate for Mec

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pat D, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

Hello all,
    I have a question regarding an adjustment for the automate on the Mec. Lately I have been having a hangup on station one when rotating to the priming/powder drop stage. When the shell lowers and comes back up from the deprimeing/resizing stage the level of the base of the shell doesn't line up correctly every time and the shell gets hung up/canted before entering stage two to receive a primer and the rotation stops halfway through and I have to tip the shell back so in order to complete the rotation. This is now happening approx 3 to 4 times per box of 25. Anybody have this encounter? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance,
    Pat

2. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

The loader is out of time, the rod with the hook on it that pulls the shell holder to the next station is engaging to soon, adjust it to pull at the right time to index when the loader is at the top of the stroke...

Bill

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I had a 9000GN and Automate a few months back. I am not sure, but would start with a really complete cleaning of the collet, fresh anti-sieze and there is a "split rod" underneath that lifts the shell back up. I would make sure it is clean and working freely.

Since it is sporadic, it is the most difficult to dial in on. There could be a small piece of shot in the collet, but I would think that would cause almost every shell to hang.

The Automate simply replaces arm power, so I would look to the collet and lifter before getting concerned about the horsepower.

Good Luck.

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Adjust the lifter so the shell comes up to a higher point out of station 1.

Tim

5. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

Hello,
    As suggested I cleaned the entire collet. I began reloading this evening and found the machine to fuction better, but I have still noticed a few hangups. P.S. I cleaned and lubricated the entire machine also. I noticed this evening that when the problem happens is that on the upstroke the turret head (the part that holds all the dies) does not come up completely. It seems that just before the turret head reaches the upmost position it stops and with my hand I can lift the turret head a 1/4" to the complete upmost position. There's two things that I can think of now. It's either the return center post spring is to weak. Second when the turret head is just about at the full upmost position there seems to be a very slight hangup/studder. The next time someone uses there machine could you please check to see if your machine has a very smooth complete upstroke? I think this is my problem. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.