1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on straights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinbubba, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

When shooting a round of 100 shots on one day and 100 on a second day how are straights reconized for example 1st day 25,24,(25,25 second day 25),23,23,24 Is this 75 straight? or does that only apply to the one day, If so how would you shoot 200 straight

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

If it isn't a registered shoot, then it's house rules.

LA in MA

3. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

When shooting a round of 100 shots on one day and 100 on a second day how are straights reconized for example 1st day 25,24,(25,25 second day 25),23,23,24 Is this 75 straight? or does that only apply to the one day, If so how would you shoot 200 straight

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

If it isn't a registered shoot, then it's house rules.

LA in MA

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Is this 75 straight? or does that only apply to the one day, If so how would you shoot 200 straight"

Well ya it is technically 75 straight but not in ATA competition. You shoot a 200 straight when entering a 200 bird event. Almost all state, zone, satellite grand and Grand singles championships. All I have seen or been in are based on a single event that consists of 200 targets almost all are shot in the same day. Most State and zone shoots are on Saturday of the shoots.

Above I provided a link to The Eastern Zone shoot program on page 16 you will find The Eastern Zone Singles Championship and you will see it say 200 singles(16 yard)targets.

Now this is registered only as LA says non-registered events it is up to the club holding the shoot.

Bob Lawless

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

It is not a Straight in OFFICIALdom.

For a shooter trying to get better it is a personal milestone!

But as was said to me before to me before I in fact ran a 100, Man you have been to 100 even over 125 straight,

""so don't sweat it" it will come"" The it being shooting a 100 St in competition, and it did come

AL

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

The scores are certainly a long run of 75.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.