1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on shipping guns to Califoria

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dave, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I see stated on a lot of auctions, no sales to California. I've shipped guns there and I'm about to ship some some more,is there a new law or regulation that I am not aware of?

Thanks

Big Dave

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sure is. You must be enrolled in their new California Firearms Licensee Check system!!

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Thanks Ollie, now knowing what it is, I researched it, and found only FFL's need to obtain the letter enabling them to ship to California, not private sellers, makes no sense to me.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Nothing makes sense when it comes to gun laws in California!

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dave is right. An individual can ship a gun to a California FFL. BUT--an FFL from any other state must get get approval from some agency first. Makes NO sense at all.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The only problem I have had is  Some-(All) FFL,s in Califoria will refuse a shippment not from an FFL .

ALF

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

Long guns aren't the problem it is some handguns that pose a problem. I bought a long barrel Buckmark 22 with scope on Gunbroker and it was sent to my ffl. I had bought Buckmarks before and never a problem. Well the state of California had not done the their required tests on the long barrel version and would not approve the transfer. If you are from california and buying a gun from out of state it pays to check and make sure that it is on the approved list prior to bidding or making the deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.