1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on selling a gun

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by shootman, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootman

shootman TS Member

0   0   0

My question is if I sell a gun on Trapshooter Does it have to go FFL to FFL or can it be shiped directly to buyer. I am in Ohio BOB

2. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

0   0   0

from what I understand as long as it is no a pistol you have to ship it to a ffl dealer not from a ffl to ffl if it is a pistol it has to go ffl to ffl.
    Pete

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

If the buyer is in Ohio you can sell face to face. If your shipping it goes to his FFL holder. Assuming it is a long gun and not a handgun. When I sell I send diect to their FFL holder and I do not use a FFL holder on my end. Thay usually want a copy of your drivers license. Bulge.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bob if you sell in Ohio you can sell it face to face no need for an FFL . If you sell out of state it needs to go to an FFL and no need for FFL TO FFL . Unless it,s a handgun then out of state it,s FFL to FFL .

You as a non FFL holder can not ship/ sell a firearm over state lines unless it,s going to an FFL in that state first . You don,t need to pay for an FFL to FFL shipment unless it,s a handgun .

5. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Due to the abundance of forged drivers licenses floating around, my local FFL will not accept a gun from and individual, only from another FFL. He says it is to protect himself if and when the ATF does an audit and he cannot confirm the authenticity of an out of state drivers license that may have been received with a stolen firearm. That's his rule and his story so that's what one plays by if you use him for a transfer.

6. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

0   0   0

Depends on where you are at and where its going,from Texas I can ship a long gun or pistol direct to a ffl if he will accept a shipment from a non dealer,some will some won't if they will not find another dealer. Dan Witcher

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oldremfan, I would change ffl's he's a putz.

8. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

i 2nd that!!!

9. shootman

shootman TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all the info. I cant hunt anymore so I gave most of my guns to my boys and grandson except my trapguns. there are a few that they are not interested in so I might sell them. Thanks again. BOB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.