1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on selling a gun

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

If you told him you would hold it for him to see they you owe him that. Otherwise you should be able to sell the gun. I would call and let him know that it's sold though, just for courtesy. Jackie B.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

On the forums or on the street, the werson who says I'll take it gets the gun.

Sell it and call the guy tell him to save his gas.

HM

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

"He who hesitates is lost." HMB

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I recently had 2 Sterlingworths for sale on this site----Had a good offer and was ready to accept and a higher offer was made---Out of respect to the orig offer I e-mailed back and told of the higher offer and asked if he would be interested in the higher offer---His return was thanks but go for the higher offer---I did----I think that is what you should do----SJB---

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I would contact the guy today and confirm if he is coming and tell him you have other folks standing by with high offers who are interested. If the guy is sitting on the fence about buying the gun, telling him you have others waiting to buy it at a higher price will push him to one side of the fence or the other (to buy it or pass on it).

I had a guy interested in my HK 45 handgun one time....listed it on gunbroker and he was sitting on the fence about it. It was on a 3 day auction cycle and he told me he would place a bid on it on the last day, right before the auction closed. Well, another buyer saw my ad on a website and offered to buy my gun. I closed the auction before it ended, without the first buyer having bid on it and he emailed me saying what happened to the gun and he wanted to bid on it... I told him i sold it locally and could not risk waiting for him to bid on it without any guarentee. He was a fence sitter who lost a deal.

6. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Unless money is put down, the gun should be for sale to the first person with the cash. You don't have any contract with this person. This should be understood for someone asking you to wait till another day. It helps to explain that beforehand. You have no guarantees this guy will buy, or even show up for that matter. Although, in all honesty, if you said you'd hold it for him to come look, then you owe him that courtesy, as well as to sell it to him at your asking price. If he doesn't take it, sell it to someone else. However, if you've made a huge mistake in the value, you should explain that and hope he's reasonable about it. I've sold shotguns here with the same issue. Someone was coming to look while others were making outright offers for more money. I sold at my asking price, a bit below the value, but still put some coin in my pocket.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If you told him you'd hold it until he had a chance to see it, then that's what needs to be done. If there was no promise of that, then it is sold to the highest offer.

let your conscience be the determining factor here.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.